Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

isdn companies

• 06-07-2000 5:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭

Works with Unison as well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭OctaviaN

Yeah guys me also tryin to get rid of my 400-500 ping so do I have to ring Ocean or is it avalable online??
    And you only pay for calls on the above mentioned?(and obviosly line rental)
    Also since it wasnt mentioned i presume Indigo Unlimited for £17 month doesnt work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

just wondering about companies that do the access for it ? and which is the best one ?
    eircom said for a 64k isdn would cost me 252.50 per year and the 128 on demand would cost me 4??.??. so any ids ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Err Eircom.net free one supports it. Buyandsell & Ocean also do. I normally use buyandsell. Free ISDN access nothing like it smile.gif

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

as far as i rember iol no limits dosent support it but now that ive found out that its on the free service ill be using that . also can i use the full 128k ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

The free service??????????

When ya want it goes away too fast times ya hate it always seem to last secretdeathsquad.clanpages.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

I scab the indigo account we use in work here for home use.... nothin beats it imo. Also B&S is nice for Stac compression (but sometimes spikey) and 128k downloading which my indigo subscription account doesn't use.... yum free isdn either way init biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭OctaviaN

Guys wots the story with the ISDN adapters that eircom fit.
    Ok you have a line into the house do they automatically fit it so you could use up to 128k?
    and is there an analogue line out for the phones??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Two lines = 2 64k digital channels, also 2 analogue sockets for phone. Dunno bout 128k connecting, afaik it can be done with any decent TA, not sure tho. BTW, don't get the TA eircom offer you, apparently it's sh1te, go for an Asus or if you don't want to import the Eicon Diva is popular.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

what about the forthcoming NTL nationwide internet dialup service.. heard that may offer an IOL No limits type service where you can use either a modem or ISDN for it just like the UK. It could be cheaper than IOL no limits too smile.gif

Advertisement