Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Name For War Needed

• 07-12-2001 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Operation : Because We Can
    Operation : You Want Some O’ This Buddy??
    Operation : Get Mujahoudini
    Operation : The Geneva What?
    The War Against Diplomacy, Peasant Shepherds, Civil Liberties, Namby Pamby Hand Wringing Goddam Reds And Any Pussyassed Country Who Don’t Do EXACTLY What We Tell Em To For The Next 20 Years
    Operation : F’chrissakes! Cheer Up Orphan Amputee! Ya Still Got The Other One!
    Operation : Replace One Murderous Band Of Woman Haters With A Coalition Of 9 Murderous Bands Of Woman Haters
    Operation : Smoke ‘Em Out, Get ‘Em Running, Catch ‘Em, Forget To Take Their Weapons Off Of ‘Em, Panic And Kill ‘Em All
    The War Against Last Week’s Freedom Fighters
    Operation : Blanket Bombing Will Stop Armed To The Teeth Fanatical Terrorists Walking Into Crowded Public Places In The US And Killing Lotsa People Like In Israel
    Operation : AfghaniSLAM

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The Smokehammer

Operation: Avenge George Harrison's Death?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Von
    Operation : Because We Can
    Operation : You Want Some O’ This Buddy??
    Operation : Get Mujahoudini
    Operation : The Geneva What?
    The War Against Diplomacy, Peasant Shepherds, Civil Liberties, Namby Pamby Hand Wringing Goddam Reds And Any Pussyassed Country Who Don’t Do EXACTLY What We Tell Em To For The Next 20 Years
    Operation : F’chrissakes! Cheer Up Orphan Amputee! Ya Still Got The Other One!
    Operation : Replace One Murderous Band Of Woman Haters With A Coalition Of 9 Murderous Bands Of Woman Haters
    Operation : Smoke ‘Em Out, Get ‘Em Running, Catch ‘Em, Forget To Take Their Weapons Off Of ‘Em, Panic And Kill ‘Em All
    The War Against Last Week’s Freedom Fighters
    Operation : Blanket Bombing Will Stop Armed To The Teeth Fanatical Terrorists Walking Into Crowded Public Places In The US And Killing Lotsa People Like In Israel
    Operation : AfghaniSLAM

So you're agin the war are you, Von? :D
    It seems to have gone quite well to me, by war standards that is.

Robbo, John Peel to be Afgan president, how cool can that be!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭7Day Theory

So what is your alternative Von?
    Leave Bin Laden alone so that he can further develop his weapons programme, become even stronger and muder more innocents?

So what if the NA inforce some emotionally driven justice into the Taliban.
    These people are not quite as evolved as us "western peeps", its cave man antics for sure, but the NA are progressive and not opressive to their own people.

If the US cant defend itself from evil like Bin Laden and Sadam, then we might aswell surrender now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

hmm how bout
    "Great Big ****ing Lie"
    'cause that's what it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Gargoyle

Originally posted by Typedef
    hmm how bout
    "Great Big ****ing Lie"
    'cause that's what it is!

lol @ Typedef

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Zaphod Beeblebrox

:rolleyes:
    The NA are progressive not oppressive? Well that must be true because that nice Mr Bush told me, he's the President don'tcha know, the President wouldn't lie, not ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Gargoyle

lol @ Typedef

LOL.

I see Bin Laden has said he's going to commit suicide to get back at the US. Apprantly there are no stairs in his cave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by 7Day Theory
    So what is your alternative Von?
    Leave Bin Laden alone so that he can further develop his weapons programme, become even stronger and muder more innocents?

Oh dear lord, please save me from yet another poster who ewither thinks that there are only two options available, or who thinks that this idiotically blinkered line of argument carries any weight.

7Day - you are obviously a new poster, but I am not going to reiterate what has been discussed plenty of times on many diverse threads in here to date. Here's the short version...

There are more than two ways to deal with any problem. Please save us the vapid rhetoric. We've already had it.

So what if the NA inforce some emotionally driven justice into the Taliban.
    These people are not quite as evolved as us "western peeps"
    Ah - I see. Its okay for the NA to ignore things like human rights, because its "emotionally driven" and they are not quite as "evolved" as we western folk, but when the Taliban do anything similar its oppression, oppression and oppression all the way.

Normally I'd also jump on your superiority complex, by referring to the Afghans as "less evolved", but I'll settle for this.....these people are of a kind with those who managed to topple your twin towers. If they are less evolved, it really should worry you about how unbelievably crap your national security is. Imagine what will happen if you ever get an "evolved" adversary.

And before anyone tries it...I am aware that bin Laden and those believed to have been involved directly in the Sep 11 attacks were not Afghans, but please dont insult your own intelligence by implying that "evolution" is somehow bounded by borders.

jc

Advertisement