Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Therapy? tomorrow night - who's going?

Options
  • 07-12-2001 10:48am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering who's heading to the Ambasador tomorrow night for what should be a mad night?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well, it appears that none of you heathens went - fair enough.

How shall I put this into words?

IT F***ING RULED!!!

Throat were the first support band and they were quite good. Andy Cairns later revealed that their lead singer just came out of a 3 year prision stint for armed robbery, so they were keen to impress and they did.

Defenestration were quality - that cute little girl should not in anyone's right mind growl like that - I couldn't get over it! They played away - a lot of the crowd didn't like them at all, but I was well impressed. They do have a death metal vibe about them and it's certainly nowhere near as mainstream as Therapy? or Throat's sounds.

So then Therapy? arrived and proceeded to rock the place as only they can. I was right in front of Andy for all the gig and I went bananas for the duration. Loads of the new stuff which sounds excellent live. Really good version of Diane with slow verses on just Martin's chello and then into heavy power chords for the chorus. I got a copy of the set list at home (cheers roadies) and I'll type it up tomorrow if anyone's interested.

Afterwards, I spotted the tour-bus so we waited and were rewarded with meeting Martin from Therapy? and Scott and Jay from Defenestration - Jay and Scott had an autograph competition on my set list (Scott's won) and myself and MArtin were in our rock pose ready for our closeup ;) when my mate realised he never had any film left in his camera! DISASTER!

Jay was bringing us back for pints, but the bouncers were having none of it - pity :)

Then back to my mate's house for some tasty beverage and much needed sleep (I'd been on the go since 7am). That bottle of Buckfast at 7:30 am on the train up from Castlebar made the day for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

i was there and yeah it was great,u must have seen me cause i was up the front centre too.
    well i wasnt there for the support bands,i though defenstration were crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

yeah i was there aswell

and your right they did Fúcking ROCK

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

didn't see throat. but defenestration SUCKED. and yer one is a fat minger.

therapy? were well cool, even though the sound was less than brilliant.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Were you people at the same gig as me!?!??!

Defenestration ruled!

Sickle - what do you look like? :) I was right in front of Andy for the duration, so where were you in relation to him?

My only minor annoyance with the night was the fact that my eyebrow bar got flucked by all the bouncers leaning over me grabbing a hold of the crowd surfers. It a bloody, puss filled mess! ick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

yeah it was a pretty rockin night. defenestration were pretty bad, saw them before and they were much better last time. i thought the sound was pretty good, i saw reel big fish there in the summer and it was much improved since then.

i throat singer bein in jail was a joke, i think...i seen them a few months ago and it was the same singer, i may be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Yeah, agree with everyone else. Defenestration were awful. Therapy? put on a superb show, as usual. Well worth the dosh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I was there, about a metre away from the front in the pit. Therapy kicked ass, but defenstration sucked terribly.

Advertisement