Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone done a program in C for this???

Options
  • 07-12-2001 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Hey, i'm just wondering if anyone here has done a program in C for a beauty salon?....or anything along those lines ....you know like to sort out a work schedule for the ppl working there and to log appointments...if you have could you please email me at farlsman@hotmail.com i have the source code well started for it i'd just like to see how it should look and know what im aiming towards if you know what i mean.

cheers

Farls

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

TBH mate that's a little vague. There is no specific design or strict set of rules for creating software for a beauty salon (lol).

But I think I know what you mean, nevertheless. I take it you have to develop a program for a beauty salon (in college, in C), and you will define the user requirements. That's sweeet, but the more functionality you put in, the better.

Now, when you say beauty salon software, are you talking about software to keep track of hair dressing methods, and cash flows, or software for logging appointments. For some reason I think it's this one. Again m8, I recommend you make your questions are more specific when posting with regards to programming. It will enable others to post better replies rather than

"Could you be more specific?". which I personally hate!. ;)

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

cheers phobo for at least replying, sorry for the vagueness but i was in a hurry when i posted the thread, i get feck all time to go thru the boards these days, its a program for logging appointments and sorting out a work schedule for say 3 ppl who work there, i'm just looking for all those little bits and pieces of code that make a program look and feel good, for instance the other day i spent ages working out how to put in the date and time on the program, i have paul kellys book on C programming and find it very good but i prefer looking up this sort of stuff on the net so if you could refer me to some sites where i kind this nifty kind of code to add on little extras to my program i'd be quite happy.....if you want me to explain in a lot more detail what i'd love to get i will do tomorrow evening.

cheers Farls

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Yet another "need more info" post:

You need to give more info about a couple of things:

- what is the target platform (Dos/console, Windows, Linux, etc)?
    - what is your development environment (are you using Visual Studio etc)?

These make a big difference due to libraries available etc (e.g. MFC *shudder*) :)

Cheers,
    Al.

Advertisement