Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed!!!

• 04-07-2000 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Ive just recently got a phone line put into my house, after much delay from EIRCOM!!! The thing is I can only get connected at top speed of 19,200bps. This is a real ****er. Ive tried 3 different ISPs on two different computers both with 56k modems. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Depends on if they split an existing line belong to the neighbours or if they installed a totally new line from the poles

They split our line at my old house and the connection went from 50,666 to 28,333

Its a rough life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nickb

When you say they split the line does that mean the existing line cos i have a seperate line and i can only connect at 33600 on a 56k modem on a good day!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

That happened to me went from 42k down to 28k, but i phoned them up got it sorted now i connect at 50k smile.gif, only prob is i had to most of the work myself, stuff like digging frown.gif, if u live in a built up area i dont' think u'll have to do that smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Could also be that u have that set as ur highest connection speed

When ya want it goes away too fast times ya hate it always seem to last secretdeathsquad.clanpages.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You're taking the p1ss yea ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Yeah, they can split the single phone line into two voice lines, and leave data fsked. Phone and complain, big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Izzo

Cheers lads ill phone and BlTCH!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

phone and say
    i want my phone line checked for data transfer as its slow . when they ask who told you to do this tell them one of the eircom internet guys told you . as it could be the prob . worked for me smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Yea... the ****s. Call them And say I ASKED FOR A NEW Fúcking Line not a ****ty split one you bóllox's.

HE HE

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Izzo

Yeah i got on to Eircom and after being transfered about 16 times (including the Multiple Slirocis society????) I finally got on to the 'TEAM LEADER of my area'. He confirmed we were an a 'CARRIER' and rectified it within 24 hours smile.gif

Cheers lads =)

• Advertisement
Advertisement