Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Dilemma

• 07-07-2000 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

OK. I ordered ISDN from Eircom. The next day the guy came to install it. I assumed he put in the digital modem aswell (which that hairy smelly little Eircom person said nothing about) I connected...only a slight change.I was pretty ****ed off by this. So I got my generous patron to buy a digital modem from one of our local PC Shops. They installed a'digital card' and now I have a much better connection. This morning I got up and there was a bright white Eircom package sitting by the phone. I opened it and the box read : 'High Flyer Hi-Speed Modem'. They had sent me the digital modem. Question 1 : Which should I keep? The one the PC shop put in was a 'Genius Speed Surfer'a PCI ISDN card and in the mail I got a 'high' flyer Hi Speed Modem'.
    Question 2 : Can I use both? Is that possible?

Any opinion appreciated. Thanks in advance.

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭OctaviaN

soz i cant answer ur question frown.gif
    but how much was the genius?
    and were you billed yet for the whole lot?
    cos im thinkin of goin with hi-speeeeeeed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

You got your ISDN installed the day/week after you ordered it?? very quick response indeed.. I waited over 3 months and rang up... they claim they lost my order so i reordered it again 3 weeks ago and im still waiting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Send the eircom one back, they'll rip you off for it, and bill you seperately, the terminal adapter that you got in the local pc shop is probably better.

signed,
    me,
    who got caught

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

mine cost 70 . from itdirect its ment to be one of the best .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

my high speed was installed within 2 days of asking .

• Advertisement
Advertisement