Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AoK Multiplayer - Tonight

Options
  • 07-12-2001 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭

as I dont think there is anywhere else to post

Me and a few others are having a game of AoK tonight

anyone who is interested - drop into #ReaveR at around 10'ish :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Just back from my little isdn problem so I'll be up for it as usual pingy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

damn, just saw this.
    tell you what, how about a game on thursday or friday.
    ii will drop into the channel if you guys are about.
    you have to be good to me though, im only a newbie :)
    takes me at least an our to get to imperial age1!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    lol,takes me about 35mins to get to imperial and have about 30villagers :)
    btw,tell me when the next1 is about 3days before you do it,and a little earlier and ill join ya's :)

And another idea,how about a AoK LAN party?? id love to come and beat ya's all on LAN (yea right :))
    But im still a kiddie,so could some1 else organise1,that is if anyone wuld be interested.Preferably in dNC because of the better computers.
    It would be brilliant fun IMO,maybe get 2-3 games in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Eh pugsley you don't exactly need a cutting-edge, top-of-the-range machine to play AOK :)

lol munch,i know.i play it on an S3 savage4 for cryin out loud :)
    But for the server,8 people is very hard on the server,i play it with my bro a bit...but he sucks so much i got bored and resorted to bots :)
    And also,if its in dNC i could get a lift down because a few friend (that will bring me down) will go down to the bleeding horse and get pissed for the night,and then ill get a lift home in the morning while they enjoy their hang over :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Originally posted by Pugsley
    8 people is very hard on the server,i play it with my bro a bit

Eh, the load is shared once the game starts. I could host a game with 8 players 200 pop limit that would run grand on my old p3 550 128 megs of ram and 56k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Inf

Not as bad as me, last time i playd AOK with rich, he owned me with two horses.. *sigh*

Originally posted by Inf3ct0r

Not as bad as me, last time i playd AOK with rich, he owned me with two horses.. *sigh*

lol,ring the town bell and al ure villagers run into your towncentre or towers,or just fight back with villagers :)
    If you like fighting with villagers,choose the spanish,their special tech makes villagees super powerful.
    You think 2horses is bad,i wiped out 4bases with 40villagers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I've reinstalled this so I'm up for a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

i'd be up for some online games some day.. i presume i missed this one, but if you're short a player next time i'll be in #fh on quakenet.. just installed the AOE2 v2.0 patch so i can try it online.. i've only played it on lan so don't know what to expect :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Its patch 2.0a I think you will need

I think a AoK room on the internet might be a good idea

I think Rich tookover one the other night infact :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ahh, trouble is that we're running the conquerors expansion set so its pretty much incompatible with AoK.
    you can launch AoK from microsoft messenger however....
    which is nice

Advertisement