Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geforce 2 Prob

• 07-07-2000 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Just fitted a geforce 2, but the graphics on the Crystal Ball demo are corrupt, when you zoom in they sort themselves out partially but are back when you zoom out again.

Any ideas, its not overclocked, the demo could be corrupt but I don't have access to another one. Palette Snooping is off, AGP aperture is 256 (but it was 64 and still problem). The only thing is that the card is sharing an IRQ with the NIC next to it (doesn't SEEM to be causing major probs), Y oh Y do they have shared IRQs for cards next to the AGP slot? and does anyone know a way of fixing it barring moving the cards?.

Also, due to the fact they've changed the pins on the video accessory connector (on board one) I can't use my HW DVD decoder card, does the Geforce 2 have HW DVD decoding (I know it has a lot of video processing effects for DVDs but no mention of HW Decode) or is there a converter available to allow me to match pins (fat chance).

PC's, great idea, shame about the implementation though.

Xenophobic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

See if you can find an option in the bios to assign an IRQ to VGA. If that option is there use it then remove the NIC from device manager and reinstall it. If that doesn't fix the problem try and manually change the IRQ value in device manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

what drivers are you useing?

try to get the latest Det drivers from

http://www.reactorcritical.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

The geforce doesnt like irq sharing, but sometimes the only way to do it is to move the other card. Try the latest drivers also, some drivers have problems with particular games. Is that the only game with problems? Try some more and report back.

About the decoder, if its a creative geforce, you can use the connector, you just have to bend some pins. ( I read this on the geforce faq, and I can't remember the address) The geforce will play software dvd very well, as it does some of the cpu's work. Try windvd.

Advertisement