Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return to Castle Wolfenstein Help Needed

Options
  • 08-12-2001 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

As most of you are now flyin through RTCW at the moment I thought I'd seek help on the Boards!!
    i am stuck on the level where you have to sneak into the missile launch depot! I have just recovered the sniper rifle( the one with the infrared scope), and I am makin my way to the final(?) gate house but everytime I get spotted ....Game Over!
    I obviously havent tried everything but I keep crouching + hiding behind trees etc...but still get spotted!!!
    Anyone finished this level and how did you do it???
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

You can kill everyone in this level apart from the very last guy who controls entry into the base which is beyond the compound you're looking at.

After I got the sniper rifle I killed the guy in front of the main gate, then go down the slope, keeping to the right. When you get near the front gate, nip over to the left and go around the left hand side of the compound.

You'll come to an open window near the back left hand corner, you can jump in there, it's a bit fiddly but you can do it, there's a guy in the room you'll need to kill.

Once in there, I took the door straight ahead which faces towards the rocket base entry, the truck is in that general direction. You'll see another hut in front of you with a tower above. There's an inner gate to your right.

Open that and go around the corner of the hut to your left, there's a couple of guys you'll need to kill here wandering around the place, use a silenced weapon. When you get around the hut corner you'l be facing the truck depot - snipe the guy guarding the back of the truck, then leg down there, watching out for the bloke on the tower which is to your left by now. Then just hop on the back of the truck and you're all set.

Don't go near the gate that looks directly at the rocket base entrance as the guy there will almost always see you and sound the alarm, and he's the one you can't kill without failing the mission. If he doesn't see you the guy on the tower will and it's very hard to kill him without the last guy seeing or hearing something.

Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Twas a tricky bit all right. Especially when I autosaved just before the alarm went off. Had to do the catacombs again. Which was nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Amp - next time you do that, bear in mind that there's an in-game autosave at the start of each level as well... So you can just tick "Show Automatic Saves" on the load screen and restart the current level.

I found that level an UTTER git, simply because I didn't find the infrared scoped sniper rifle until the very end, so I ended up sneaking around the whole base knifing people. I only realised I'd missed the sniper rifle when I got into the back of the truck and was told to go back and get it... oops. Ah well, a challenge is always good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Believe me, I am now an autosave ninja after that fiasco.

And I'd just like to say that RCTW single player rocks my world. It's damn enjoyable and thoroughly addictive, killing Nazis has
    never been so much fun. The fact that there's three sniper type guns (if you include the paratrooper gun) is great, paratrooper for short range, the mauser for medium and the snooper for long range and those times when it's dark and foggy. I wuv to snipe.

Although I have to say that the inability to break crates is disapointing. SMASHY SMASHY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

RTCW rocks. I just feel i have to add that :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Right, just finished it and I can honestly say there's a new contender for WORST ENDING SEQUENCE EVER on the stage!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Yeah I finished it earlier and my jaw hit the floor when I realised that was the end, I'd been told there were 8 missions so I wasnt pleased when I found out that was it.

Indeed - hugely disappointing ending. Oh well. At least there's the multiplayer... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Originally posted by Castor Troy
    Right, just finished it and I can honestly say there's a new contender for WORST ENDING SEQUENCE EVER on the stage!!

Are you serious ? You mean it's worse than Entombed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Really great level that. Most enjoyable.

Have to agree, the game did end a little premature. I was hoping there was more..

Btw. Theres a RTCW server up on : EDDIE.IGN.IE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

any chance of turning down the respawn time. i've had to wait 40 seconds on that server. Thats more than almost every other server I've tried. I'd personally prefere 20 seconds or so.
    And is it listed with the masterservers? refreshing my in game list didnt turn it up, and when i joined it was empty except for vexorg. Shame because it gives a very ncie ping for me,
    quozl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Hi Greg,

I thought I had it set to 20 secs max.. I'll look into that.

As regarding it not on the master server list (yet) - I don't want the server hogged by german muppets like it usually does. That won't change for a while.

Already theres Irish gamers complaining that they can't get onto the server cos it was maxed (and even good booted) by some germans!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

i've been checking and idling on eddie for the last hour and a half, and there hasnt been one single player on it. Are there even 20 members of our community with rtcw yet? What are the odds of getting a decent number of them on all at the same time.
    Please reconsider sticking that server in the master list, it seems quite useless at the moment,
    quozl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

On that mission its possible to take out all of the men except the last guy at the gate ( alot of you prolly realise this but i thought i'd point it out).

I loved the start with the 2 towers in that level.
    Climbing up to the top of the towers and knifing the sniper so he falls through the wood and on to the ground , then destroying
    the alarm system. :D

Also did you know that only 1 of the 2 towers has an alarm system ?

Yup.

;)

I have to agree I love the game aswell. :)

Tis Cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Cheers for the walkthrough Castor Troy..help a lot
    Just nearly finished it now.
    By the way I found this on the web (sploiler alert!!!).
    It is a guide to the secrets, or has everyone found them all already???

http://www.planetwolfenstein.com/sp/secrets/
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by amp
    Twas a tricky bit all right. Especially when I autosaved just before the alarm went off. Had to do the catacombs again. Which was nice.

LOL, i did EXACTLY the same thing on that level:)

BTW, i dont seem to have an autosave before boss2, im stuck with the boss tesla gun guy with about 20 health, its not pretty:(

oh wait, just had an idea..back to the game:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

bah.

I installed the multiplayer test version (as featured on this months PCLive! cover CD), chose the allies, charged up the beach-head, and couldn't get either in the door or over the breach.

It didn't seem like any improvement over the Q3:A engine, but then again I got nowhere with it so I probably don't know for sure... I just got tired and bored with trying to blow up the door or jump up to the crack in the wall, grumbled a bit, thumped the screen, quit wolf, launched Opera and came back here to boards.ie ;)

um... how do I get past this first hurdle then?

'grr!'

It's a team game bard, hence the different character classes - you'll need an Engineer class player to plant dynamite on the door and blow it open before your soldiers can storm the place...

oh I see... thanks Shinji.

There's 65Mb to be wiped from my Games directory then.

Sorry, that was insensitive of me. I'd forgotten that you have no friends to play with :P

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Shinji
    Sorry, that was insensitive of me. I'd forgotten that you have no friends to play with :P

Blah... very funny ... /me has LOTZ of fwends... honest :p

It's not that... it's just that call charges for on-line gaming are far too expensive for my liking at the moment and I was hoping to be able to zip through the demo on my own to suss out the game.

pfft.

Advertisement