Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions please

• 10-07-2000 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

I am going to order a celeron 2 o\c'd to 900mhz (guaranteed) for stg£135 for my 100mhz bx mobo.
    see link http://www.powercomputing.co.uk/intelcpu.shtml
    Any opinions/experience with this upgrade path would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Errr, www.overclockers.co.uk got them in stock now and they're cheaper than powercomputing (less than 120 sterling for 900mhz). Also, powercomputing has a bad selection of slockets and cooling heatsink/fan. Think you should go with overclockers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Can i overclock my proccessor??
    Can i overclock my P2 350mhz processor??
    What speed will it get up to ??

When ya want it goes away too fast times ya hate it always seem to last secretdeathsquad.clanpages.com

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

From overclockers.com
    Pentium II 350 Results....

Total Entries in Database for Pentium II 350 - 80
    Average overclocked speed - 460 Mhz
    Max overclocked speed - 553 Mhz

My celeron II 566 is running rock solid @ 850 mhz with an abit bh6, slocket and a 9 dollar h/s and fan thats 8.5x100 vcore at just 1.65 (default 1.5) 100mhz ram

I tried 112mhz x 8.5 and amazingly it posted but crashed while loading Windows indicating theres more juice in her, I could only go up 1.70 volts for some reason on my bh6 (if anyone knows how I can go higher on this board please let me know) and I suspect this is the main reason I couldn't get it to 950 mhz cause the ave. vcore needed for this would be at least 1.80v, on the site posted here powercomputing they mention 'tested on the abit bh6' and they also mention possibly having to go to 1.8v so I'm sure it's possible, I've no idea how though as I got a bios update for this not so long ago and that doesn't support it. Failing that I can blame the 100mhz RAM and crappy cooling.

Blade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

I could only go up 1.70 volts for some reason on my bh6 (if anyone knows how I can go higher on this board please let me know) and I suspect this is the main reason I couldn't get it to 950 mhz cause the ave. vcore needed for this would be at least 1.80v
    Yeah, abit bios does not let you put more than 1.7v into a celeron2 or p3. You can get slockets (iwill slocket 2 for example) that'll let you increase the voltage using jumpers on the slocket (i have no idea how this works but that's what people are doing).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Sounds cool to me. I got myself a 566 celeron got it running at 706mhz. I cant get my board running at 100mhz for some reason (probably cos its a crappy Jetway). That'll work, wow a 600mhz Celeron, If I held out a couple of weeks I coulda got that instead, ah well such is life. No doubt there'll be a 650 one released at lunch time that will run at 1ghz.

later
    tin

• Advertisement
Advertisement