Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beta Test of tshirt shop!!

• 08-12-2001 5:08pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, here it is in all its... um... something :)

http://www.boards.ie/store/store.htm

This is a beta test of our shop. It hasnt got all the images in it yet but it has most of them. (a big exception is Freaks artwork but he's working on it).

What we need are a few brave souls who will buy a t-shirt to ensure everything is ok.

I've bought the fight club ones and a mug too, and I've just got delivery of the ADSL Errorcom mouse one (which is sweet!)

The total price including vat and delivery is 18 quid Irish. Boards gets 4 pounds Irish from that.

I'm not going to release this to everyone until we are sure the process works ok, but if you want to be an early adopter feel free!

We've checked everything with the shop makers and they can see no problems with images (I'm just being super cautious tbh!)

Thanks for your support! Merry Xmas!

DeV and the Admins.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

btw, if you get a t-shirt, please post back here to let me know if everything is ok, and quote your order number and I'll see if we cant give you some tagline that reflects your support!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

I love the Jesus one and the Boards Club one. Fight Club just rocks.

Tempted.. tempted.

Okay, they only take creditcards, pity.

Time to buy a card I suppose. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Ok I've bought a 'che' tshirt. Hope it helps the move. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

cool, just ordered me Che tshirt :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Excellent, I'll order a Che shirt on Friday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"Each item costs £18 IEP or £23 Euro

This pricing is illegal!!!

OK, you can say "£18" or "£18 or €22.86" or "£18.11 or €23" or "€23" or indeed, "£18 or €22.80". No mixing or matching (what is "£23 Euro"), no short cuts in calculating the conversion, you can't make a profit from the calculation, but you can take a loss.

PS will actively consider purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Another "Che" shirt here as well. I'll let you know when I recieve it.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I have ordered the mousemat(just to be different)

will i get a personalised letter of thanks from Dev. I would really like that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I must get my hands on a credit card :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

I'm getting me one of those "Forever Blowing Bubbles" ones.... and I suggest to you all that you get one too! Let the world know you blow me... or something :)

Oh yeah, Figment also pointed out to me that if you look real closely at the bottom of the bubbles, you can see a faint reflection of my avatar. Nice Touch :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭linkin

Nice one, i'm going to order a t-shirt :D

- Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I'm gonna get me a Boards Club one for deffo. The Che one is cool too, might get that on a mug. Who/what is he?

I can't see that reflection at all bubbs...msut be very faint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Yeh they are class.

Maybe have one with the picture of the geek saying FABULOUS, that would be amusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I can see it. Yellow faint smudge on the bubble to the bottom right (my right).

Fluckin awesome.
    If I had a card I'd get a Che.

The Mugs do need a bit of description though. There is so much to be considered when purchasing a mug.
    What is it's Tea Retention Factor? What Average Boolean Aproximate Radius Sum of Fingers will the handle take?
    What is the Liquid Dynamic Friction Co-efficient ratio like compared to say a polystyrene cup?

Don't underestimate the power of the MUG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I Love the Jesus one....... I also love the subliminal messaging in the text to the right ;) Nicely Done.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Cool! I just ordered the Jesus mug. Getting it to my spot in the middle of nowhere will be a real test! Postmen have been known to go missing.

It's like Deliverence without the river!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I want the Forever blowing bubbles one. Have to get my hands on the "emergency" credit card my parents got me ;) Any chance of getting it in black tho?

There's ALWAYS one... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Does the boards club with the text have the text in large on the back of the tshirt?! thatd be mad so all could read it ! and not in small on the front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

boardsclubtext.jpg

Flucking brilliant :D Wait till I get my CC ready!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Excellent! Will order during the week :)..... So many choices!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

"I'm gonna get me a Boards Club one for deffo. The Che one is cool too, might get that on a mug. Who/what is he?"

He was Ché Gueverra a Cuban revolutionary and political figure.

He took part in riots against the dictator Juan Perón in 1952 in Argentina, joined agitators in Bolivia, and worked in a leper colony.

In Mexico he met Fidel Castro and other Cuban rebels. Guevara became Castro’s chief lieutenant soon after the rebel invasion of Cuba in 1956, in which he proved to be a resourceful guerrilla leader. As president of the national bank after the fall (Jan., 1959) of Fulgencio Batista he was instrumental in cutting Cuba’s traditional ties with the United States and in directing the flow of trade to the Communist bloc.

He left Cuba in 1965 to foster revolutionary activity in the Congo and other countries. In 1967, directing an ineffective guerrilla movement in Bolivia, he was wounded, captured, and executed by government troops

the picture is the original was a picture by irish artist Jim Fitzpatrick (also designed Thin Lizzy album sleeves) he didn't copyright the image and allowed anyone to use it. It now is featured on millions of t-shirts around the world. The one on the boards t-shirt is a skit of that done in the style of the boards.ie cartoon guys and designed be me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I want a "Count Grishnackh For Pope" T-shirt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? :)

--

The characters from "Princess Breasts in the Kingdom of Confusion Part I" (remember THAT?!) all together on a t-shirt ...

Freak_Bruther and figment could design it

and the characters are...

Princess Breasts,
    King Pha'tarse,
    The Good Queen Twa'tpha'ce,
    The knight Sir Prancealot the Brave and Terminally Stupid,
    Keanu, butler to the Princess, his father "Vader" (the plumber), and his warrior cousins Cruise and Sheen,
    The Royal Maid,
    Eugene Extrapolation, his ancester, Tom (who has a legendary gangrenous leg),
    Puunak "the receiver", great great grandson of Cyril, the original Killimonga Platypus, and his long-lost psycho-ninja brother "Bill",
    Cocaine the white stallion and his father "Shergar",
    Gary Kasparov (and his edible Ethiopian underwear),
    Maria von Trapp (bit-part),
    His Eminence, Lemmy (from Motorhead), the Pope,
    The ubiquitous clan of William and the Baldwins (all 11,000 of them),
    Luke Skywalker (bit-part),
    Ali W (Ali G's poor cousin),
    The Incredibly Dangerous Army of Platypi.

--

Oh ye gods yes... Be AFRAID!!! PH33R TEH DARK SIDE OF TEH BREAST!

(...or something...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i still think a robbie williams footie shirt with boards.ie on the back and boards logo on the brest would be cool.
    preferable in black and gold, my fav boards colouring :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

ill hold out for that clockwork orange shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Any1 recieve their shirts yet ?

Just wondering as they did say 4 days :P

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

nope . still waiting :/ I ordered on the 8th i think.
    Anyone else?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah, their delivery is slow. Can take a week easy and I bet its worse at xmas.

Cant wait for my Boards Club mug...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

It would seem that my Jesus Mug hasn't even been shipped yet. It hasn't shown up on my card yet.

I hope it comes for Xmas!:D

• Advertisement

ok the Freak one is finished, and its up for buying. Freak made it nice and big so I think that ones gonna make a fine t-shirt... yesss sir...

Now I have to find the cash to buy another one :)

DeV.

yay! and i just got my credit card!!

ill order it after lunch!!

Originally posted by DeVore
    btw, if you get a t-shirt, please post back here to let me know if everything is ok, and quote your order number and I'll see if we cant give you some tagline that reflects your support!

DeV.

just ordered the 'Clockwork Boards.ie' shirt. dont have the order number (can you possibly get this and mail it to me?? just in case :))
    [edit]scratch that. just got the confirmation e-mail[/edit]

and can i get a custom tag?? how about 'Moloko smak'??

Advertisement