Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPU Cooling programs, Whats you opinion.

Options
  • 08-12-2001 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

on general ive found them less then usefull, and only droped temp while ideal. But i was wonder if anybody had better experience with them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I tried rain and a few others and found next to no decrease in system temps.

I also started experiencing sporadic lockups, although I don't blame the software, when I uninstalled it the lockups ceased......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I must say, I used cpu-idle for a while when I had temp issues due to non delivery of the correct heatsinks - and it dropped my temps by about 4/5 degrees - not exactly awe inspiring - but maybe better than nothing..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Must say wpcrset.exe does the business on my kg7-raid.

CPU idle temp without it is 49c+ , with it, 32c~ idle

That said under load, ie ahem, dvd backup, it does go to 54c but most of the time, divx playback, web browsing etc never goes over the mid 40's.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement