Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a "good ads" thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by [FCA]SyxPak

I love guinness tis just so hard to find a decent pint of it. it's all in the pour, thoughh having clean pipes helps too.
    I've yet to have a decent pint in Dublin. I laugh at j00r n00bie pint-pullin Skillz :p

If lookin for a good pint in Dublin, go to the Flowing Tide or The Lord Edward....they do shplendid pints.

My favourite ad would be that snickers one angelwhore mentioned..... class, and that new Kylie Minogue one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I found The Stables in University Of Limerick to be very good when things are quiet. But I also went there during the Ireland/Iran match and I was served a Guinness poured straight out in a plastic pint glass. Ugh. The bastard did'nt even fill it 3/4's way up first.

Country pubs can be quite good. Bloody cheap too. I was out the country in Cork during the summer and pints were £2 at any time of day or night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Those Coors Light ads - "Some nights just keep going" - are good. Running through the snow in underwear - how can it fail to entertain? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by Dustaz
    oh and Kylies new cinema ad for Agent Provocateur:)
    Yeah i like that one too :D

Oh and the new reebok/addidas ad. The one when the guy is trying to escape from the couch! Laughed my ass off the first time i saw that one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    Anyone remember that Snickers ad from a couple of years ago?

*American Football game, guy gets tackeled badly...

Coach: Hey, hold on
    Guy: I'm fine, I'm fine
    Coach: Where are you?
    Guy: I'm on the pitch.
    Coach: And who am I?
    Guy: You're the coach.
    Coach: And who are you?

*Guy looks puzzled... Then leans over to the coach.

Guy: I'm... BATMAN!
    Coach: Ok, thats it, you're outa here...

*Shows the guy sitting at the sides munching a snickers bar (Not going anywhere for a while? Grab a snickers!)
    The guy is looking around with a towel hanging from his head like a cape.
    Turns to the massive football player next to him, puts his hand on his knee...

Guy: Hello good citizen, my name is BATMAN!
    Big Guy: *Stares blankly...
    Guy: You could be my assistant!
    Big Guy: *Stares blankly...
    Guy: Would you like that? Would you like to ride with BATMAN???

That's a ****ing classic!
    But you have to do the voice and look for maximum effect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

The old Harp Adds:

were the camel asks for a (norn ireland accent) Pint o harp and a packet o dates please.

Class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by BLITZ_Molloy
    I found The Stables in University Of Limerick to be very good when things are quiet.

Yup Brendan pours a good pint when it's quiet (have to admit I haven't been there in months, I've been going to the other place).

That Gordons advert was quite clever - the one where yer man slides down the straw.

Advertisement