Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone get replies from government or TDs

Options
  • 09-12-2001 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Got an email from Mr. Michael Noonan (probably his secretary you cant tell with an email) saying that he was concerned with broadband in ireland blah blah blah and if i voted for him in the next election blah blah blah yours sincerely

still waiting for replies from

Fianna Fail
    The Progressive Democrats
    The Labour Party
    Sinn Fein

Note the PDs website had two script errors which show the amount of effort they put in to informing their supporters of their activities

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

index_r4_c5.gif

**shudder**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Got a reply from Batt O'Keeffe a while back, which was nice. The reply showed that he actually read the letter too, fair play.

Another TD I was doing a website for didn't bother getting back to me. I strangely haven't done anything to the website since....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

index_r4_c5.gif

I take it she dont do it for you gone shooting

to behonest i never liked her myself either dont expect too much of a reply from this one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Mary O'Rourke has gotten back to me several times! Shes one of the only politicians that actually seems to give a damn...because Im not even in her constituency :rolleyes:

Her latest letter said "I have your most recent letter and I will be back to you again shortly" hehe

N1 Mary :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Neville

A while back, I sent an email about the Wired article to the Fine Gael and Labour spokesmen on Enterprise and Public Enterprise.

Charles Flanagan was the only one to reply. (reprinted with his permission)
    Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:56:19 +0000
    Subject: Re: Telecoms

Dear Neville, I have used your information with the department and I have
    pressed Mary O'Rourke on the issue. Assuring you of my continued interest.
    Charlie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

Originally posted by Neville
    A while back, I sent an email about the Wired article to the Fine Gael and Labour spokesmen on Enterprise and Public Enterprise.
    I sent something similar to him by post to his Portlaoise address some three weeks ago. Still awaiting a response.

I have also had a considered reply from Mary O'Rourke, although to be honest it didn't really say anything.. lots of concern, little substance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

This is the Repley I got

Thanks for your email.

I am aware of your group, irelandoffline.com, and support it's objectives of
    encouraging the market to offer flat rate internet and other broadband
    services.

It has been a difficult year for the development of broadband in Ireland and
    it is in difficult times when the role of the Government can be most
    important.

I know from talking with the Department of Public Enterprise that they are
    keen to advance the introduction of the Communications Bill early in
    the new year and that should help the regulator have more impact on
    promoting competition.

I support the Government's stance on using NDP funds for the development of
    the nation's broadband infrastructure. I believe that the key ministers
    concerned are working to manage even better these funds into the future,
    especially with regard to getting Value for Money from the monies being
    spent.

I share your concerns personally about the high cost, and often the poor
    service, that is the hallmark of Internet Access Provision in Ireland. It is
    groups such as yours which, when vocal, give impetus and momentum to
    politicians and the civil service to seek to make change and drive progress.
    I look forward to watching your group's advance in the new year and please do
    not hesitate to contact me if there is anything concrete I might be able to
    do.

Regards

Sean Ardagh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Medion

Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:56:19 +0000
    Subject: Re: Telecoms

Dear Neville, I have used your information with the department and I have
    pressed Mary O'Rourke on the issue. Assuring you of my continued interest.
    Charlie.

Adam! You let this contact address get by you! Maybe you wern't here or something or didn't notice it when Neville posted it 3 days ago. You should remove it A.S.A.P. incase somebody here contacts him.

It's kinda funny the way none of the other members pounced on him like they did with pragmatica :p

Advertisement