Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irc and firewalls

• 10-07-2000 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

yes i know this has been asked before
    but:
    i've tried mirc, no luck.
    i've tried whiplash, it worked once, and never again.
    i've tried jpilot, no luck.

any ideas?

MiCr0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

if your (trying to) go through a firewall, with 6667 blocked, or whatever port, then changing your irc client won't help.

have a look at chat rooms that use html. That is pretty much ur only bet, if ur lucky, you might find one that links to an irc server.

Gav

or else try and get telnet access.. they might have a proxy they will let you use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

i do think that is what www.spacechat.net is all about it's jsut waht your looking for i think

Coyote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

heh heh, trying to connect to ETG, told me it had just K-Lined me. I hope that wasn't my nick that was K-lined! eek.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Spacechat.net or try a bouncer - talk to a lad called uuupz on irc.phishy.net #phishtank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Or you could open the port on the firewall if you have access to that kind of thing... Im guessing you dont.

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

coyote
    that seems to have worked a treat smile.gif

[This message has been edited by MiCr0 (edited 11-07-2000).]

Advertisement