Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can anyone remember...

Options
  • 09-12-2001 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

the irish theme song for world cup italia '90?? (you know, we're all part of jackies army..)whats more would anyone know where i can download it? it had a deadly guitar solo that i really want to learn and make people laugh with:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

The world Cup song itself was called "Put them Under Pressure". Haven't a clue where you can find it, but you can get the cool guitar line on the original song - it's from "Dearg Doom" by Horslips. That's off their album "The Táin" and, once again, I'm not exactly sure if you can get that anywhere - I used to have a very old vinyl copy of that until it got so scratched that I couldn't make out the music.

But fear not - all is not lost! You can find the song on Tom Dunne's "30 years of Irish Hits" Irish Compilation thingy. Do yourself and buy it - it's a lot better than crappy World Cup anthems!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Its also on horslips 2cd greatest hits album which is out now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Also on Tom Dunnes all Good Irish compilation disc thingy!...the horse lips song that is !

Advertisement