Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a home Fax/Printer/Scanner/Copier

• 09-12-2001 11:45pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a piece of tech that will act as a Fax, Printer, Scanner and Copier.
    Its for home use, price not as important as quality. Can anyone suggest somewhere that does these things and will support a home-office?

I'm not looking for a second hand machine but I thought some of you might work somewhere that sells this kind of thing or know somewhere. Remember it needs to have on-site support in Ireland so Scan.co.uk isnt much help. :(

Thanks for your help lads.

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

All depends on how much your planning to pump tru it, xerox do some fairly nice machines....

WorkCentre 470cx Colour All-in-One -

An ideal choice for the small or home office: Out of the box, it's a black-and-white copier and a fax machine. Connected to a PC, it becomes a colour copier, colour scanner, and colour printer.

WorkCentre 490cx Colour Inkjet All-in-One

A full featured all-in-one colour inkjet product, the 490cx is a standalone colour/b&w copier, a robust fax machine. Connected it becomes a colour printer, colour scanner, and PC Fax.

Review here of one of their top of the line models....

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/reviews/rstories/0,3040,e7109533,00.html

I'm fairly sure xerox have a stong presence in Ireland - so getting and support for the machine shouldn't be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

HP sell them.

quick search found me this one in compustore:

http://shop.online.ie/shop/compustore/102762.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Goink

I got a lexmark X73 for 170stg in pc world sprucefield. Think it has gone down in price since that.
    you might get a good rate on your punt now around christmas too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

DeV,
    I needed one of thse about two years ago, and I ended up with a HP laserjet 3100. I still think it's the best thing since sliced bread. It works well as a stand alone fax. Tis a good fast copier, bullet fast printer. and the scanning function is second to none. I can load up a 50 page document into it, start the HP text recognition software, and wander back down in the morning to find the whole thing saved as a Word document.

The only thing is that it is only black and white. But then again, I have little need for colour prints, and I have a second, slower printer for that, anyway.

It might be worth considering.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thanks Jaden, it looks like I'm going to get the HP offering of some description as more then one person has recommended it to me. (Its not for me, its for a non-tech friend).

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Canadian

I have an HP OFFICEJET G95 and Love it.

Scans, faxes, copies and prints.

Replacement ink is expensive, but thats true for all HP stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

The G95 isn't a bad idea or other inkjet types. Use compatible cartridges to keep the cost down.

G95 is a good choice if you need it network ready but the G85 is the same thing but not network ready and will save you about £80.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Yup, HP is definetly the way to go there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭retneil

Hp had a HP multi copier etc printer scanner fax and copier. Absolute crap for durability and thats no word of a lie cost bout 400 beans and id never buy anything HP again my opinion but heck u'll cry if u send 400 beans down the drain

Advertisement