Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java applet's

Options
  • 10-12-2001 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭

Getting into java applets in a big way looking for some good sites that will teach you how to draw shapes etc and find the area of them. When i say shapes i mean regular shapes squares triangles rectangles circles that kinda stuff. and it must be fairl good as i intend to go through the code of it and redesign my own version which i will post up afterwords for ye to see and say how bad it is and show me all my mistakes. any help would be great..

The things i do to amuse myself. :)
    lets not go there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

well heres a nice applet for drawing a circle
    import java.awt.*;
    import java.awt.event.*;

class Ring extends Frame{  //name the file Ring.java

public Rings ( ) {
          setTitle("Ring");
        }

public static void main (String [ ] args) {

Frame f = new Rings ();
          f.setSize (300, 200);
          f.setVisible (true);

}
          public void paint (Graphics g) {

g.setColor (Color.blue);
           g.drawOval (130,80,40,40);

}

}

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

Great thats a nice one. anymore more help or sites would be great... The most sites i have checked seem to be well crap to say the least..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

java.sun.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Decafe pro is handy for decompiling java classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

i can do basic ones but what i am trying to do is incoperate it all in to the one program resize stuff area(probly with a grid) and draw shapes. A similar program would be nice. just to get ideas and stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement