Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scan.co.uk are they any good ???

• 07-07-2000 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Lads,

I've read only good things about Scan on this board but I have been trying to place an order with thes "muppets" for two days and they keep giving me different delivery charges for a small order.

1st time I rang they quoted me £40.00 so I said **** that. Then I thought again and said that must be a mistake as you lot would not have ordered from them if that was the case. So I then emailed and they came back with £20.00. Today I get an email from them and its £30.00, I query that and they tell me its £35.00. Has anyone else had these problems with them ???

Gandalf.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

they do do good stuff but there today only offer they dont have the vat addedd in on those prices so watch it when your buying . they told me that to get my stuff delivered over would cost 30 it was 2 boxes of
    50cd's
    30gig hd
    dvd
    graphics card .
    ide expanction card
    web cam
    so it wasent to bad .

but if you are getting a cople of boxes from them make sure if one is missing that you report it straight away as i had one missing and it took a while for them to find it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

So I can take it from the lack of replies this crowd that every1 recommends are hardly used by us then smile.gif

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

ordered a cdrw and 25 cds there yesterday..
    10 quid delivery (sterling)
    mate of mine ordered same bundle a week ago.. different cdrw though.. 20 quid delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Gandalf, there are a few good places in Ireland if you look hard enough, although for cdrw's and dvd drives scan are good. Delivery is a killer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Sure I work for a reseller myself here. Its specifically the Asustek ISDN PCI Card I'm looking for as no distributors do them over here. My Zxyel TA is just not getting me low enough pings for games, its fine for DLin etc.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I'd say for just the isdn card, you are better off shopping around for a place with reasonable delivery rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

Try www.jungle.com
    I got a graphics card off them, with next day
    delivery for 12 pounds.
    The delivery was 12 pounds not the card.

[This message has been edited by tobiwan (edited 12-07-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

Try www.jungle.com.
    I got a graphics card from them with next day delivery for 12 pounds. That is the delivery was 12 pounds not the card.

Advertisement