Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connecting phone to pc

• 10-12-2001 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

aaargh, help!

i have to make a nokia 6210 talk to a pc. Specifically i have to get the pc to read text messages that are sent to the phone. I have the two of them hooked up via cable at the moment and am trying various bits of software to get them on talking terms.

Has anyone any advice? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I got my 6210 and my laptop fairly conversant there a while ago with the 6210 modem driver. I havent heard of any nokia specific that does that you want it to, only the PC Suite that backs up the phone book and that other thing that makes ringtones and logos.

If you find something for text messages let me know cos I'd like to back up some of my old ones to free up a bit of memory on my phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

The 6210 software has stuff for backing up your messages in it already ?

As for sending and recieving messages etc..
    search for a linux program called... arrggh.. name on tip of tongue. gnokii. That's the one.

That should do what your after.

Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭bats

gav, you're a star...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

*Gav blushes

Advertisement