Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COPY: ADSL/Cable Galway Exchange

Options
  • 11-12-2001 1:25am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Just said I'd copy this here...
    Doodee said: ADSL/Cable Galway Exchange

Ok Its just a rumour that I've heard recently but In oranmore Near the APC complex there is a rumour of either an ADSL or else an NTL Cable Exchange. From what I've heard this will be availible within a 5miles radius and is an always on connection for £30 per month (Sugesting NTL) which also gives Free Local calls and cheap rate National calls. Just wondering has any1 from the Galway area heard of a similar rumour or is there any truth to it???
    adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

links broken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭MS

Link works fine for me :) Adam you never cease to amaze me!! There is ermm 'some' trouth in it. But now its out.... i dont know if it will be totally denied and hidden or if it will just go ahead n e way.

NO! i have no further comment to make. So dont ask!

MS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

umm what?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I hope that this is true as it would be most welcomed, there has been al ot more digginf up of roads lately here from what I can see its been done by these type of companies or my contractors invlolved with them who knows if this turns out to be true then wan! unfortunatly I live further than 5 miles from that exchange afaik. hopefully theyll upgrade the shantalla exchange soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

yet another kick right between the cheeks. Galway getting broadband before Cork, thats just not on. Are these people afraid to come down to Cork or what? The way things are going even Cavan will have broadband before Cork.. yes, I said CAVAN! Imagine the shame...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 JamworkS

I've seen eircom vans everywhere lately. Near Eyre Square mostly, but even beside my house (Salthill), wiring stuff on the ground, and i don't just say a normal cable, i mean quite a bunch of cables have been put together, cause they where just beside me.

I hope that means ADSL in the future.

Good Luck to us , Galwegians,

JamworkS.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I've had Eircom vans and techs up and down my road for weeks now, but I don't think that really proves anything. (Although to be fair, I do know that they're improving the network in this area, and for that I applaud them.) I'm beginning to feel like Tony Soprano.

adam

Advertisement