Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old DOS games on WinNT

• 07-07-2000 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Occassionally we have a few games of Quake 2 here on our office network after work, just to ease out the tension and have a few laughs & smokes, etc... getting tired of Quake 2 every time, so I brought in a couple of old 'classic' DOS games - those being Rise of the Triad and Duke Nuke'm 3D to try out on the network.

Thing is the network is all Windows NT (NT4SP6) and the DOS games don't seem too happy with it- they install ok, but the old style way of detecting the sound card just ain't bringing no joy. Anyone got any suggestions, because these games ain't much without sound...

Bard

|home page|scary éire

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 07-07-2000).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

erm, NT isnt built on DOS like 98, so i wouldnt say theyd work..
    of course, what do i know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I just might have the answer to your gripe.
    http://www.softsystem.co.uk/page3.htm

Cool little proggy that emulates sound cards for dos stuff under windows NT/2000. The only reason I'm posting this is to give the impression I know more than WWMan does, and quite frankly, this post proves this smile.gif

later
    tin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Excellent, TinCool... I knew I'd get a quick and useful response on Boards.ie ... thanks for proving me right smile.gif

Bard

|home page|scary éire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Tried it- it looked promising, - setup programs accepted the settings but the games froze when trying to load up. Ah well, thanks anyway!

Bard

|home page|scary éire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

hmm, yes, I'd like to know how to run Doom with win2k. It's just such a pain booting into win98.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

err..Doom95?

comes with the final doom pack I think. I do recall running it quite successfully at a lan not too long ago, and not a dos box in sight smile.gif

Advertisement