Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Event viewer, Viewer?

• 12-07-2000 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

If you're using Win2000 the Event viewer in Computer Management (seclect My Computer, right click choose Manage) provides a sortable list. You can connect to your NT machine remotely via Computer Management and view it's Event log. Not the best solution though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭koloth

Win2000 Resource kit has a tool (Dumpel.exe) to dump the event log to a file. Probably works under NT, although I've never used the tool itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It's NT read... NT! smile.gif

Actually you can dump the Event log to a file using the "File save as" option. But I'm looking for something to view and sort for NT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭koloth

yeah that's why I said you can connect to NT FROM a Win2000 machine, then use the Win2000 event viewer to sort.

The event Viewer in NT really sucks. Is there a proggy out there that will read the events list and alllow you to sort and stuff?

Doh! Dam thing has a Filter option. Must look at menus next time. smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement