Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop me if I'm wrong...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

I stand corrected, Mr. Brown...however I have moved on from naming bands to talking about wider issues. I'll listen closer for examples of the kinda stuff I'm talking about, but it's not really relevant to the discussion anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 myles

Your original remark about 'Irish shi te' is'nt going to escape you. What Shi te? Why do bother us with your opinions if you dont listen close enough? mmmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭poobags

Me knows i'm a bit late but **** it.

Phantom is great in many ways. It gives new Irish bands a starting block. It should probably try and cater for a braoder range of new Irish acts rather than the alt. rock genre.
    On the subject of ****e irish music, I'm willing to put up with ****e like melatron as long as quality acts like Turn and David Kitt are also heard. No playlist is perfect. Pushing phantom further alternative is no answer to getting a better quality of music. Lots of it is pretentious bull****. Look at John Kelly, great show at first and now its gone to **** playing the wierdist monkey poo known to man.
    SFA OK SFA OK

Read the rest of my posts, myles. I don't know the names of these bands because...I switch them off. I'm doing my research as we speak. I bother you with my opinions because I can. Did you research your reply? Have you read the rest of my posts?

Oh, and poobags...I'm not suggesting Phantom gets pushed more alternative, I'm just suggesting that it would be no harm to include the other areas of Irish music too. Don't ya think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Tom E Brown

Every band that sends a demo into phantom will get it played at least once, that is if its broadcast quality.

I've used this information before and I'm sure it will be used again:

Over a 2 month period before our last licence application phantom FM played music from over 230 different Irish bands.

When you talk about us pushing other areas of Irish music I think you have missed the point of phantom. We don’t push any bands; they are all given the same playing field and its up to the individual bands to earn their audience and popularity by writing music that people want to hear, playing excellent gigs, and working hard to publicise themselves.

We don’t censor the music from any bands, or push specific bands because we think they're cool. Phantom FM is an area where bands can have a chance to reach a new audience, and entertain the audience who is listening. It is that audience who decide on what band becomes popular, not us. We can introduce any band to our audience, but if their are not popular with the audience its nothing to do with us.

In this industry you have to work very hard to do well, and although Phantom FM is an excellent starting point for many bands, it will always be the bands that create their own successes from consistent good live performances.

It’s not Phantom FM's responsibility to make you famous and successful. That’s your job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 trackstar

if phantom wants an estel cd just email estel@thumped.com and there will be one on the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 myles

sorry teamdresch, but I did'nt read the rest of your posts...it's the first one thats a real doozy. You were didley iddely rockin the boat with that one. good on ya. Now....some names...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

Ok!.......you're wrong. Stop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 CrazyHorse4

So....what's your opinion on Buddhism then????? *

*negative, displeased tone of voice included (intended)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

What's Bubble Bath got to do with it?

Advertisement