Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A tiny problem

Options
  • 11-12-2001 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭

A tiny problem
    For reasons beond our control here at the unamed college i go to. We can not play on the net. We cant even use mirc. Or anything like that. it bites. we can play cs on lan. I think they might be doing something to the main server atm. Not sure if anyof ye could think of a possible long/short term solution where by we can play on the net it would be great.

Its a major bummer as we have now a fairly good cs college team together. I wont name them yet. We would by no means be the best ever but we would give alot a run for their money.

(it also effects small quake and anything else where by you have to connect through the port to get to online)
    I think our internet is working on a different port to the rest of the stuff we do. SO would it be possible to change the port we play through with out fecking up our firewall.

Kraken

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

Like hello anybody home?
    anything at all.
    but i dont want to screw up college pcs there bad enough as they are already.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Internet connection is usually on either port 8080 or 80 and cs if i remember correctly is on something like 27007 admins prolly closed all but a few ports.

Don't know how to configure the game to connect via certain ports maybe you'd get better help on the cs board? :) (help on the cs board oh i crack my self up :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

A quick gooley woogley turned up this:
    You can use a UDP tunneling program to tunnel through any TCP port. :)

Zebedee is just such a program.download
    No idea how it works, haven't tried it, but if ya just do a few searchs you're sure to find something of value. :)

Advertisement