Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash Teaser! help me out here buddy

• 13-07-2000 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

ello

I want my splash page to jump to default.htm if user clicks anywhere on the animation while it's running, stopped, whatever.
    I'm sure there's a piece of code I can slot in on the actions tab but I'm fukt if I know where to find it! frown.gif
    Can anyone help me out with this? My boss said "I'm gonna punch your fukin mouth loose...!!" if I don't get this fixed up today. eek.gif
    cheers http://www.efocusnet.com/telant/animation.asp

[This message has been edited by Hoojah Nickabolokov (edited 13-07-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

Can you not just use the <a>....</a> tag, "anchor".

And reference where you want the image to link to??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Hoojah Nickabolokov

Originally posted by Pretence:
    Can you not just use the <a>....</a> tag, "anchor".
    you can't place code on the html page for an swf files actions, that doesn't work. far as I know you can only embed & align etc. if I could I'd just turn the whole animation into a hyperlink.
    ta guv.

[This message has been edited by Hoojah Nickabolokov (edited 13-07-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If you embed the SWF file within an anchor link?

Or just edit the SWF file and make it a link. You did make it yourself right? smile.gif

well, sorted it out.....
    1.created button based on navy bgd img with a hit state only.
    2.inserted new button instance onto 1st frame of new layer of same.
    3.on the actions tab of the "modify instance" function(not frame properties actions)I put in a GET URL function on the OnMouseClick and tally ho! biggrin.gif
    ta guv

Originally posted by Hobbes:
    just edit the SWF file and make it a link. You did make it yourself right? smile.gif
    Yes I made it. editing the file is the question I'm asking! mad.gif I don't know how to do it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Hoojah Nickabolokov:

Yes I made it. editing the file is the question I'm asking! mad.gif I don't know how to do it!

I recommend you sit down for an hour and go through the tutorial.

Just create an invisable hotspot to the front and have it jump to a URL (Select the objects properties and you can add it there). Or you could create a static "Skip" button in one of the corners. Or (well and actually) put a HTML skip link as well for those people who can't see anything.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 13-07-2000).]

Advertisement