Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable in Waterford!?

Options
  • 12-12-2001 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Read this, taken from http://myhome.iolfree.ie/~icdg/cable_other.htm

Cablesurf

www.cablesurf.com

CableSurf is Casey Cablevision's HighSpeed cable modem service. It has been operating for a number of years and not only is it one of the first cable modem service in Ireland and the UK, it is the only one available to all of the company's subscribers. Albeit in Casey Cablevision's case, this is just 2500 people in the town of Dungarven, County Waterford - the company is the smallest licenced digital cable operator in the British Isles.

The installation of the service costs £199 and includes the supply and installation of a cable modem. The service costs a very reasonable £30 a month thereafter.

So people in dungarven have been enjoying cable for a number of years, at £30/month. If 'Casey Cablevision' (****s sake!) can bother thier arses to get cable internet going, WHY THE **** CANT NTL!????????????
    I sometimes wonder were things would be if cablelink were still in control

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Umm this is very very old news. Plus the fact that Casey is an exception to the rule.
    He also brought some of the first colour televisions into Ireland and had some of the first satelite dishes in Ireland.

I'm from Dungarvan originally and my family still live there.

Caseys cable at it's current state is usually slower than a 28k modem.

When it was first released it was sweet and very fast then Caseys imposed a 3 gig download limit and a per gig charge thereafter. and so many people subscribed it just ground to a halt.

.logic.

Advertisement