Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn / Otranome

Options
  • 12-12-2001 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

Just to let our friends in Mullingar know we will be paying a visit to the stables to support Turn on the Sat, 22nd of Dec, should be a great night in a great venue.

www.stableslive.com

Hope we see there Olga and friends!

All the best - Trev M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

It should be a good one alright - Turn's last gig of the year I think. Last time they were in the Stables, they damn near blew the place apart. it's gonna rawk!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Beany

I'll be there with my calculator totting up those rawk points...don't forget that you're playing away, so the points are worth more...and seeing as it's the Stables, extra points will be awarded for standing on tables and playing with candles.

It shall be class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭mixer007

Looking forward to the Knomes. And as Richie said Turn will tear the place apart. Beany, I reckon you could be busy with the Rock Points Calculator (TM).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

If Turn blew the place apart last time they were there then how come I was there a few weeks ago watchin' Damien Rice and his temporary Harry Potter drummer?

Last gig of the year eh? Should be a right, er, Christmas Cracker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

The answer is quite simple really. Turn, being the gents that they are, began reconstruction of the venue immediately after the gig. However, with the addition of Otranome to the line-up this time 'round the damage may be irreversable.

How many rawk points are rewarded for actual damage to the venue due to extreme filth usage?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭mixer007

So Otranome and Turn are going to wreck the gaff. But Obsolete are playing there the following night, so please leave the PA at least, we'll finish the job off.
    Yes folks, you heard me, Obsolete are playing the 23rd December in the Stables of Mullingar.
    So why not make a weekend of it. Catch Turn plus Otranome on Saturday the 22nd, then stay in Mullingar and get very drunk. Then the following night you can catch the midlands best (not counting Turn of course) Obsolete, playing the same venue (if there's anything left of it), the following night.
    Mixer
    http://www.obsoletemusic.com
    http://www.stableslive.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Beany

I agree with Mixer...all you folks in the Pale should come down for a weekend of Rock n Roll in the nation's true capital, Mullingar.

I also agree with Brautigan...Damien Rice was class...that was the first time I saw him play, and will definitely not be the last.

Advertisement