Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Backoffice 4.5 Resource Kit

• 12-12-2001 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

Hiyahs,

As the title says.

I thought it came part of Backoffice 4.5.. so after thrawling through all my BO4.5 CD's, every directory on my entire network and then into the depths of the MS technet site....

.. it turns out, Its part of a set of books which, from all accounts, I can't seem to be able to get a copy of ... anywhere!!

Gah, does anyone have this and wishes to sell me it or may I borrow the books and disks so I can resolve a small (but really important) problem with MS Exchange 5.5.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Anybody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

ive talked to allot of people, few seem to know what exactly this is.

is it ms Backoffice sever resource kit your after

yeah.

Backoffice resource kit. Have it handy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

no, but if you know for any reason why arcserve wont do an incremental back up of information directories on exchange 5.5 while circular logging is off, id love to know.
    apparently im missing some log file.
    of course, it would be far too helpful if it told me what one :)

i may be able to help you, give me a day and ill see if a contact has it. it might actually be monday before i speak to him again

• Advertisement

Mucho Cool.

Cheers.

WWWman - u got arcserve Service packs installed and arcserve for excchange servers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yeah.
    problem eric is it just failed on tuesday and from then on and i have no idea why?
    only thinkg that happened was that it deleted 2 old logs on that day instead of the usual 1.
    but apart from that all normal.

it doesnt matter, it will give me something to look at over the next few days in work.
    next on the list is how to make mcafee work.
    just in genreal coz mcafee is the most useless piece of software that ever was put on any system anywhere.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Tried a server restart?

When Arcserve 6.5 hits a problem and doesn't backup sometimes it keeps failing to backup until a server restart. Might be the same with 7, dunno.

sorry for the long wait, but is this what you need

Microsoft.Small.Business.Server.2000.Resource.Kit
    if so i can have it for you in afew hours

Whilst I appreciate the help.. lets try again..

It is - the Microsoft Backoffice 4.5 Resource Kit. I would really be greatfull if anyone has this.

• Advertisement

and your sure is an actuall thing you can buy, cause every one i ask points me in the direction of Microsoft.Small.Business.Server.2000.Resource.Kit

you say it comes with a set of books, you best bet then is to ask in easons

its BO4.5 for NT4. Not for Windows 2000!

Easons - lol?

Nevermind, cheers for your help.

they probably wouldnt have it on sale, but could very well order it in for you, they do that type of thing

Advertisement