Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your faveroute critical review site/magazine.

Options
  • 12-12-2001 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

I've looked at a couple of reviews websites and I bought a few issues of Q magazine and found the reviews to be fairly accurate but I'm not fully satisfied. Cluas simply does'nt review enough albums, only 5 or 6 a month. Where do you go to find out what an albums like?

Also are there any movie sites in ireland? Movie Mate shut down a few months ago along with the listings. The Movie Show got cancelled too. Now all I have is Empire magazine to read.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

these are usually pretty good for reviews....

www.pitchforkmedia.com
    www.nme.com
    www.allmusic.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Personaly, the only magazine I bother reading properly now is Terrorizer.
    Really subjective views, and they usualy give you a good idea of what the music actualy sounds like, and what it's similar to. Which really helps you form an opinion on whether you should bother or not.

Also the fact that it's the only mag that covers all the strange Norweigan and Swedish music I like so much. But you also get a really great mix of styles also, with a lot of the underground industrial and gothic music.

Main thing is that it's pretty underground, and independant.
    But I was actualy shocked that they'd also cover stuff like Nick Cave. Which is always a good thing.

Bad point is, that when you first read it, you have no clue as to who 85% of the bands are! :D

Not sure about other scenes, but I'm sure if you have a decent look around there'll be some underground mags of most genres.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Just for listings, entertainment.ie has them all

For reviews, I usually check out Empire (empireonline.co.uk) and imdb.com

Some cinema listings (happens to have both Limerick ones) at filminfo.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

I think you meant objective views

Advertisement