Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devil May Cry

Options
  • 12-12-2001 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

W O W (skip intro)

I just bought this game(PS2), and all I can say is WOW.

*The action gaming experience has just been taken to a whole new plateau. For those who are die-hard Capcom fans, it's amazing how the company has outdone itself this time. For those who aren't, playing Devil May Cry will undoubtedly change that. Devil May Cry encompasses what it means to be an elite action game: a medieval castle setting; mystical powers brought about by mystical "orbs"; challenging, yet not overbearingly so, evil demonic enemies; magical swords; eye-popping, mindboggling graphics; quick, smooth actions; and most importantly, a flowing and highly addictive story line.*

Anybody who owns a PS2 should try and get a copy of this game, it truely is Capcom's best game yet. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

umm , it get very repetitive , very quicky , hack monsters go to next screen , pick up key go back and hack monster , etc etc. the graphic are very slick however :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

pretty good , does get slightly repetitive , but its got so much style it eventually drags you back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Ive heard about it havent seen or played it yet could someone give me the jist of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Check this site out for storyline, screenies and downloads!

Shame im on 56K. I aint sitting here all night d/ling stuff at 3.78 KB/S :) tnx 4 the links mamma, game looks peachy

*thumbs up*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

blah, awful game, attacks are repetitive, and the puzzles boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Yeah i love it slightyley easy though pity hard mode has to be unlocked and you cant enjoy it on hard mode.The swordplay does get a bit repetitive a pity also.But mostly good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Very, very cool game - the direction and graphics are superb. It can get repetitive but only if you let it do so - it's all about varying your style and attack methods for maximum enjoyment.

Only issue I have with it is the exceptionally lame Resident Evil style puzzles - when will Mikami realise that these were actually THE lamest thing about Resi? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

I played the Demo and was bored ****eless tbh.
    Its only hack shoot hack and oh loook they back to life again so hack through again. Did it all without being hit b4 i turned it off :(
    Res evil's have so much more to do. Graphics are very nice tho :D

Ne way back to Code Veronica i go.

BK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I was a fan of Res Evil right from the start. Back when Game on Grafton St. were making a big deal of it & the PS1, with their big screen TV just inside the door. Chirst that seems like yesterday.

Wait a minute!!, this thread isn't about Res Evil :rolleyes:

Ah DMC, now that's a spicy meatball. I played the demo, and thought it had potential. But I do see the repeditive side of it. My first impressions were that it had:
    1. Good Graphics
    2. Twas Fast (but too fast, which took away from the medevil eerie environment)
    3. Originality (well compared to what we're getting lately, anyway)
    4. Killing strategies were repeditive

That my 2c

;-phobos-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Must pick it up (and pass it off as an x-mas present for someone, natch).

On the subject, can anyone recommend any other decent PS2 action games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is very good. Play's like Diablo cept the graphics are jaw droppingly gorgeous. Never seen water like this on any game. Story line is godd too if somewhat linear. Been playing no-stop since Friday (I've only stopped to post this message).

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Yeah, when I went to buy my PS2 you could choose any two games in the shop (very sweet deal, in Gamesworld on Liffy st.;)), the games I wanted were Soul Reaver 2, which is a stunningly good game, and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, which they didn’t have so I settled for DMC, which is still worth the money if u ask me.

Try Soul Reaver 2 for the PS2 is really very good.

Advertisement