Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas idea

Options
  • 13-12-2001 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭

From the Irish Times business section*:
    Further to the partial deregulation of the energy sector, Bord Gais have announced new commercial and domestic tariffs for it's customers. It is intended that each customer will be provided with a much smaller pipe than is currently installed and the customer will buy a large storage tank of their own and arrange for it's installation. Gas will be provided at a very slow rate through the narrower pipe and stored until needed. The tariff is based on a variable scale with a monthly management charge, a separate charge based on the amount of gas used, and a third charge based on the amount of time that system is connected and drawing gas.

Despite the existence of existing large bore pipes, Bord Gais feel that these new arrangements are in the best interests of its customers. It is expected that the system will be installed by 2015, although comments by other industry sources indicate this is optimistic.

Separately, Bord Gais announced be funding two new interconnectors and will be providing additional grid connections to a limited number (not exceeding 28% of the total market) of the largest energy users in the country and will be reducing these tariffs substantially. This is the only gas sector open to competition.

Regulatory sources have reacted adversely to the proposals, saying that their track record of accidents (with 37 people killed by gas accidents last year), intermittent pressure in many areas, lengthy delays in providing new connections and poor customer service should be improved before the system is restructured. However, following the castration and ritual disembowelment of the Regulator by a group of Dublin rugby players last year, it seems unlikely that the company will comply

*Please note this is a parody of the telecommunications sector, not the energy sector. It is satire. It is not to be taken seriously in relation to the energy sector. I actually like Bord Gais (except I feel their monthly charge is high compared to the amount of gas I use). The real web-sites are:

http://www.ireland.ie <
    quite good
    http://www.bordgais.ie <---- excellent

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 wormhole

i hope Bord Gais don't see this, parody and farce have a nasty
    habit of becoming reality here.

wormhole

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

lol

Advertisement