Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom.net webmail

Options
  • 13-12-2001 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Have any users out there had trouble with eircom.net 'mail over the last few months? Having to refresh repeatedly to log on or open a folder etc. (Or maybe this annoyance is just specific to my own account.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

it was happening to me everyday last week. it would just stop and go back at /auth2.php etc....

no amount of cache refreashing and machine swapping would help

seems ok now tho

to combat this, siomply open up your yahoo account for example., and add your mail2.eircom.net account to the POP settings

very usefull when it all goes wobbly at eirom, no surprise there then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭nore

thanks for the tip.

presume that this works from MS Outlook on a LAN as well?

but what is SMTP server?? (and specifically in instance of eircom.net)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Both the incoming (POP3) and outgoing (SMTP) mail server setting in your client should usually be set to mail1.eircom.net (or mail2.eircom.net as a backup if mail1 is out of action) if using Eircom Net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeah that eircom webmail has always been slightly weird about loading up your mail box... I've gotten stuck on that auth2.php a couple of times... weird.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Can anyone provide a step by step way of changing my mail server client to mail1.eircom.net. Out of the blue last week my drivers show as corrupt even though diags show they are fine. the problem seems to lie with the inbound and outbound ping requests for the mail2eircom... (can't remember exactly what it is since i'm away from my laptop). can't access the internet at all. everything in my network connections folder seems to have been deleted except for this dial-up thing which I have never used. Hopefully someone can help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement