Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Console?

Options
  • 13-12-2001 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

The Japanese Dominate it, the Americans are going back to have a crack at it. But what of us poor Europeans?
    In Relation to all three of these consoles (Xbox,Gamecube,PS2) the European Market will always be the poor relation. We will always be the last in the queue.
    The question that I want to Ask is, is it about time Europe got a Console of it's own? Where we will be the first in the queue. Is the a Market for it? Who would even take on such a daunting challenge?(e.g. Philips?)
    During the 80's it was the brits that had the upper hand with the likes of Commodore and Amstrad. Will we ever see anything like this again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

I think philips learned their lession with CD-I which was a mega flop
    they will think twice about it now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i think it's time we let richard brandson know what his next business venture will be :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I shudder to think what some unspeakably lame European hardware company would come up with in terms of a console.

Then I remember the CD-I, and I shudder some more...

European (well, British) software development is up there with the best in the world, I think it's best to leave the hardware to people who have a clue (the Japanese, in other words. Don't even get me STARTED on MS' hardware...).

Advertisement