Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opening

• 14-07-2000 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

When a file has the window icon on it and it asks u to open it with a program and you want to see what it does and you forget to untick the box how can i get it back to having the window icon?????

When ya want it goes away too fast times ya hate it always seem to last secretdeathsquad.clanpages.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Go to view options and look for the extention and delete it.

Or look for Reg entry and delete it. Both are dangerous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

Try clicking the icon once to highlight it, then holding down Shift, right click on the icon. An option called "Open with" should be available.
    You can do it from "My Computer" as well I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

If my first idea doesn't work then try it again. This solution should only be a last resort. The first one should work though.
    You can do it from explorer or my computer. In the view menu select options.
    Select file types. Selct the icon that you changed the windows icon to. Click edit. In the actions box select the action called "open". click edit. After this I am not too sure. If you want that icon to have no assigned application to open it I would presume you would just leave the application input box blank. I'm not sure though. Note however that if you do this then every file that has that icon or extension will have no default opening application. Now I am not sure of the implications of this cos I am too busy to go thinking about them but it shouldn't be a major problem. All the same you should wait until someone else posts a reply either backing me up or saying I am talking sh1te through my teeth.

Let me know if either of these work or not.

[This message has been edited by Cerberus (edited 14-07-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

try using the associate command in file menu

Advertisement