Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Drive Data Transfer Rate Program?

Options
  • 13-12-2001 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I've noticed a delay in HDD access on my PC recently and I was wondering if any of you knew a utility I could use to test how fast I can get data from my drive.

Any sort of hard drive utility will do, (so long as it's not fdisk renamed to chkspeed.exe!), if it does a little actual test and shows you the actual speed your drive is working at.

if you know of anything that does this, please post the name and link to download it here. :)

thanks in advance people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Sisoft Sandra is a very extensive (And free for most functions) benchmark but for Hdd's I like HdTach (http://www.tcdlabs.com/hdtach.htm). It's nice, simple and accurate. Win2k/Nt support on the registered version only though, but fine on 9x for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

feck, I only have Win2k on my machine at the moment. Changing to a dual-boot ona FAT32 partition over christmas though :)

/me goes off to look for a serial.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I think there a laplink programme free with this months Pc Advisor ...

yup there is.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Check your email there Syxpack ;)

Advertisement