Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to transmit Decoded Sat Signal throughout the house

• 13-12-2001 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi.
    This question may have been answered before, but here goes again.

I have recently built a house and have 3 COAX points in the front room, one for Raw Sat signal in, one for Decoded Sat signal out and one for terestial TV (RTE etc).

If I wish to watch SKY in another room, is it just a case of taking the ouput Decoded Sat signal, and connecting it to all the other COAX cables in the attic. I know I might need a booster in do this, but I was told recently that the Decoded Sat signal has a low voltage running along it (something to do with the remote control that can work in any room), which may affect the booster.

Anybody tried to do what I am doing, and if so did it work..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

What you are planning will work perfectly. The Sky box has two RF outputs, so you can put a lead from RF Out 2 to your Sat signal out coax point. This will also carry the terrestrial signals if you have the terrestrial signal going into the digibox. I have two TV's running from the digibox this way and I have had no problems.

Just two points to note. You can only watch the same digital channel at any time on the different TVs. The RF out does not carry a stereo signal for the Sky Channel (terrestrials are fine though).

By the way the voltage that you mentioned is usually turned off. It can be turned on if you get a TV link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

maybe an easier option is to buy one of those mini transmitters you can plug into the back of your digibox/vcr/etc, plug the reciever into the telly upstaires or whatever and you can even use the remote control from there as well, they ususally retail for about 100, very neat litte system! I buying one at the weekend so I'll post my results next monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

If you open up the Sky Digibox, you will see a group of potentiometers at the point where the RF leaves the box. One of these varies the output power so that you can extend the cable outside of your living room.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 happyhammer

I hope to build soon with the same type of requirements. I'm thinking of getting a 'Loftbox' made by Global Comms.
    The only thing i'm not sure about is whether VHF TV is a problem or not since thats what RTE use here in the West.

You can check it out on www.letsautomate.com or traccomms.com

happyhammer

Advertisement