Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirmed exchanges for ADSL :)

Options
  • 13-12-2001 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭

Eircom called me at home tonight, to try and get me to "come back to eircom".

LOL they called about phone calls... I talked about the NET for 20 minutes!

The guy confirmed for me that BALBRIGGAN, North Co Dublin has been upgraded for ADSL :D:D:D

He also mentioned ASHBOURNE (i think he was from there).

He thinks they should be good to go by February!

I live in hope.....

Yellum reckons i should be Skeptical :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

they start selling in February

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

What 'bout us in Donegal? We'll probably never see DSL! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 disConnected

Hmmm, I really have mixed feeling about ADSL.

As much as I am happy for you guys that you at last have at least something I am a little afraid that you'll be happy with the bits and pieces that Eircom threw at you.
    So please do us a favour and stay with us and let us go on battling for affordable internet access for all internet-users in Ireland.

Thanks,

disConnected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

hell im going no where

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yah when I get my DSL on the 20th you'll notice "PiE" becoming a permanent fixture on the list of "Users Currently Browsing This Forum" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Disconnected, the point has been brought up before but remember that even if the dsl users get all comfy with the service, were still going to have to pay 100 notes a month come the launch. If thats not incentive to keep the fight going, i dont know what is:)

On a more personal note, i live in a rented appartment. When it comes time to move out, I want to be moving in a climate where i can get flat rate dialup untill my dsl or cable modem is installed (hey, why stop there, i want my fibre link ready for me in my new house;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭TrickyKid

Originally posted by Dustaz

On a more personal note, i live in a rented appartment. When it comes time to move out, I want to be moving in a climate where i can get flat rate dialup untill my dsl or cable modem is installed (hey, why stop there, i want my fibre link ready for me in my new house;) )

Glad someone else is in the same boat!
    My lease is actually up in mid-February, so the trial is perfect for me, but I'm not going to move in to somewhere unless it has ADSL capabilities. The awful thing is, with ADSL in; I'd almost renew the lease, were it not for the fact that myself and my girlfriend are completely sick of not being able to swing the proverbial cat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

swing the cock more like!!!!, but does anyone in bray have adsl or heard any rumors bout the bray area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Pimp

closest to bray that i know is upgraded is shankill. I'm on that exchange but failed a line test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 disConnected

Guys,

thanks very much for not letting down the bandwidth-challenged rest of Ireland...:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement