Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The MOM Team

• 13-12-2001 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

It has come to my attention that many people have heard of the mom team, but don't know what they do exactly...Well, I am here to tell you a few things to clear that up.
    1. We are a group of people that help one and other become successful building an internet business.
    2. No distributing, inventory, bothering our friends to buy our stuff or come to our parties.
    3. Most of the work is done on the telephone or on the internet, but there are offline options as well.
    4. We all use wonderful products and share those with other people who may be interested (no bugging people who aren't).
    5. For more detailed information and income potential, please visit my web page and fill out the form for free information. http://www.themomteam.com/cgi-bin/mom.cgi?id=da107865&action=show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

Originally posted by tylin
    It has come to my attention that many people have heard of the mom team, but don't know what they do exactly...Well, I am here to tell you a few things to clear that up.
    [/url]

Wow now I know what MOM do!! I was having sleepless nights trying to figure that one out.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I'll look forward to a good nights sleep tonight *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Blatant site-pimping cráp.
    Delete this spammy tosh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

im going to leave it for the time being.
    it is blatent advertisement, but im intrested in what it is you do.
    you say you work from home, you help each other, you work with internet or phone.

but what is it you actually do?
    i cant see it on your website either.
    and what are you offering?
    are you offering a service here or are you offering 'jobs'
    here.
    to be honest i dont really think there are too many mothers who read this forum :)
    of course, i couldbe completely wrong!

i will delete this thread in a few days if you dont answer etc etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tylin

M.O.M. stands for Mothers on a Mission. We all banded together to form a team - The MOM Team - and we help each other become successful building an internet home business. We place our advertisements for the MOM Team in various places, some paid, some free. There are men on the MOM Team - though not many. We work with a wellness company that produces cleaning products, personal hygiene items, pharmacuticals, vitamins and herbal supplements and make-up. We are not able to advertise the name of said company because we are not professioinal advertisers and there may be people advertising false claims - those claims could come back and damage the company - which is a 16 year old company with a clean BBB reputation and has been in INC 500 magazine 5 years running. However, this free advertising is also the reason we are compensated so well. When someone comes to my web site - or any momteamers - they show interest and ask for information. We are then able to give it to them.

As for the advertisement - I apologize for posting it here. I was unaware that it was not allowed. I will not do it again.

Please, if there are further questions - ask. I hope that this explains a little about what we do.

sounds vaguely like amways.
    to be honest it isnt really anything to do withthe work forum :)
    but hey, im nice so it can stay.
    again i dont think you will get many approaches through here, but you never know.

• Advertisement

This reminds me of another site I saw advertised in the Evening Herald, wealthy4life.com or something...
    Basically they reel you in with growth figures from 1995, spin you this great yarn about 'how much do you want to make?'... then offer to sell you an information pack... how nice.
    How about you give me the information pack, and I pay you when I'm making 25 grand a month?
    It all sounds like a big scam to me.
    I'm not saying that about the MOM site by the way, but I strongly believe in the saying - "if it sounds too good to be true - then it usually is" :P

What really puts me off sites like this is all the sugar-coating and re-assurance that - "no, really this ISN'T a scam like the others", and a lack of any real information on what exactly one does in this fantastic home-business, how it's set-up, marketed and basically how it works.
    It's really a case of put-up or shut-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

bloody americans :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

With respect this sounds well dodgey :( It's always highly suspect when the format spends a massive amount of info spouting on about the massive opportunity it provides but skirts completely around providing *any* concrete information *whatsoever*.

As SantaHoe points out "If it sounds too good to be true - it usually is"

Sadly there's always plenty of suckers waiting to buy into it and plenty of scam-artists more than willing to rip them off. :mad:

The most abhorrant part of scams like this is the new trend of using womens solidarity against each other. Your friends get sucked in and it becomes tough not to toe the feminist line.

Lowest of the low IMHO.........

As a matter of policy WWW I really feel this should be removed, if not on moral grounds then on the fact it's non-rev commercial advertising which should be paid for.

{edited after a ten minute search on the web. The women who belong to the mom team are independent reps for a company called Melaleuca. They aren't allowed to advertise the company name online, hence the mystery. Melaleuca is a member of the Direct Selling Association, the product line ranges from home cleaning products to vitamins and cosmetics. Justification enough for deletion I believe, I hate this crap...... }

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

but hey, im nice so it can stay.

Yea right!!! Since when??:D :cool: :p

Originally posted by Bluehair
    With respect this sounds well dodgey :( It's always highly suspect when the format spends a massive amount of info spouting on about the massive opportunity it provides but skirts completely around providing *any* concrete information *whatsoever*.

indeed.
    i do believe ive already said this above.
    As SantaHoe points out "If it sounds too good to be true - it usually is"

indeed, i do believe ive already said this above.
    Sadly there's always plenty of suckers waiting to buy into it and plenty of scam-artists more than willing to rip them off. :mad:

The most abhorrant part of scams like this is the new trend of using womens solidarity against each other. Your friends get sucked in and it becomes tough not to toe the feminist line.

Lowest of the low IMHO.........

i would personally feel upset if anyone i knew were to get brought into this. however it is a personal choice and its not for me or you to say you cant do something.
    you may advise, as you have done, but nothing more.
    but i dont think people are that silly.

As a matter of policy WWW I really feel this should be removed, if not on moral grounds then on the fact it's non-rev commercial advertising which should be paid for.

try and at least make an effort to get my name right....

well it is and it isnt.
    i'll be the first to remove something i deem as free advertising.
    i have done so before and i will do so again.
    but this is a work board, and there is the oppertunity for people to get work. obviously not in the traditional sense, but ti is there.
    tenuous yes, and very grey. but hey....
    {edited after a ten minute search on the web. The women who belong to the mom team are independent reps for a company called Melaleuca. They aren't allowed to advertise the company name online, hence the mystery. Melaleuca is a member of the Direct Selling Association, the product line ranges from home cleaning products to vitamins and cosmetics. Justification enough for deletion I believe, I hate this crap...... }

in other words, its another amways.
    ok, i find it borderline.
    im no friend of amways, however i had a friend who was, and surprisningly enough he did quiet well out of it.

if someone other than bluehair (who is now on a mission:)) requests it be deleted, i will do so.
    but its nice to see a good ol debate going here.
    maybe i should post up some pron to get the crowds in. the job marrket certainly isnt :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

if someone other than bluehair (who is now on a mission:)) requests it be deleted, i will do so.
    but its nice to see a good ol debate going here.

Fair enough WWM (cough :rolleyes: )
    maybe i should post up some pron to get the crowds in. the job marrket certainly isnt :)

Umm.. Some hot nasty donkey pron would be good :D

I request that this post be put as a sticky at the top of the forum. I believe that the MOM team should be given some help in their quest for eternal life..............

ahh stu, i cant wait to have you back!

Well at first sight I would have liked it deleted, but this thread has turned into such a nice discussion...
    Then again, I don't think eamo could bring himself to delete one of the very few active threads in this forum :)
    I reckon the work board has a lot of potential... judging by the amount of 'thread views', a lot of people stop by here for a read.
    Maybe throw up a few more topics - get the board humming again.

ahh stu, i cant wait to have you back!
    Now Eamo, you know I like you but just as mates. I haven't felt like that about you since that time.......I've gone to far. I need to go lie down all the blood went to my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I wonder if the mom team are soliciting people from Ireland and if so they have bothered to get registered under the Data Protection Act? Don't you need to in order to collect information on Irish citizens if your planning to do business here?

Ooh checked their site, they don't do Ireland which makes you wonder wth it was posted for here?

Advertisement