Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are VHLLs Really High-Level?

• 13-07-2000 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Here's an interesting article I saw on O'Reilly about the state of programming languages (I know it's a bit old (12/99) but I found it accidentally via unrelated search).

There's some very interesting comments and ideas in here, one the best, I think, is :
    I want to see a VHLL defined by an XML DTD. Doing this will allow me to put as much information into my program source as my niece can put into the email messages she composes using Netscape. It will also allow programmers to take direct advantage of the coming wave of XML manipulation tools to create class browsers, design recovery aids, and other source manipulation tools.

Now that would be a really cool way of defining a language considering the advantages XML can give.

Al.

[request]
    Any chance we have enough coders in here to split a Programming subsection of Technology?
    [/request]

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by Trojan:
    [request]
    Any chance we have enough coders in here to split a Programming subsection of Technology?
    [/request]
    Second that. As far as I can see there are quite alot of peeps who read these boards that code.

Draco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

A very brief flick back through Technology archive shows at least 7 new topics (not counting replies) in the last 2 weeks.

How about it guys?

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

You have my vote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

And mine smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I second that, fifthly (i think).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

programming group -- good idea ,
    ill read it anyways tho i dont post muich ..

while im here ne1 got any experience running quake 1 under solaris ??
    in particular either locking the mouse into the quake windo or making the thing do proper full screen ??

c22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Hup!

C'mon guys, give us an answer!

Al.

Advertisement