Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How about a temporary board for information about the Euro? NT

• 14-12-2001 2:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

nt

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

not a half bad idea.

I'll sleep on it.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I would like o see that too

dont forget the coins are availible from today from the banks and post offices

you wont be able to use them till january 1 thoguh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Actually I was hoping to add a page or two anyway - the boards.ie guide to the Euro.

John.
    --

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Good idea... it's amazing how many people still don't know what the story is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

yeah I had all the Euro coins in my hand today. They are pretty crappy looking, and the 10 20 and 50 pence are all just a pale gold colour, and very similar in size, they will be very confusing. Haven't see the notes yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Someone handed me a €50 note on Wednesday night to pay for a pint of Budweiser. It was a REAL €50 note (he got it from the bank where he works), but he was, of course, only kidding, as it's not legal tender yet.

It looked alright, and these €uro notes feature LOADS of security features - a lot more than the pounds do/did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i like the idea. educate the masses!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Rumour has it that there is a Euro board.
    I cannae find it cap'n, the search engine's gonnae blow, she cannae take it nae more Jim.. etc

I see it on the main page but not on the dropdown menu, is this some funny quip about how the Irish economy will not dropdown in value with the emergance of the Euro?!:D

The madness begins.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The forum will need to be added to the dropdowns manually.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=106

Seamus got there before me, the booger.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Should it be moved to the After Hours section to improve it's profile? It's likely to only be a temporary board anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement