Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom's subscription service going to hell quickly

Options
  • 14-12-2001 3:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Well I have said it here that I have found ercom subscription reliable

guess what i may have jinks myself

in the past week i have been disconnected 18 times
    I contacted them and the convers exchange of correspondents are below:

bare in mind im half afraid to complain them to the ODTR

I have been sent the Badtrans computer virus twice since I complained chorus

Original Message
    Sent: 13 December 2001 03:31
    To: customer.services@eircom.net
    Subject: Getting kicked off the net and unable to upload files to my webspace

Dear sir Madam

I wish to report that of late i'm finding that I am being disconnected from the net more often with eircom.net than I am when I use the local (061) oceanfree dial up number.

I would like to know is there some sort of compensation availible for users who get disconnected as they not only have to pay for the fall but they have to pay a subscription too.

My second problem is that I am unable to log into the upload server for my web space.

When i enter the username and password the same page appears with the entries I make missing.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future

Frmy name

here comes the reply:

Original Message
    To: My email address
    Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 9:31 AM
    Subject: RE: Getting kicked off the net and unable to upload files to my webspace

Dear Customer

Thank you for your recent email.

Unfortunately technical support is not offered by email to customers of our Go Free service.

However, you can get solutions of the highest standard from our interactive web-based support tool at http://support.eircom.net/

Alternatively you can ring our support line on 1550 233233 (8am- 10pm), 7 days; Calls cost 58p per min).

If you are interested in our Subscription service please ring our Sales team at 1800 203204.

Regards

Customer Services
    Eircomnet

now im angry because i am not a go free customer so I send this

Original Message
    To: Customer Services
    Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 3:30 PM
    Subject: Re: Getting kicked off the net and unable to upload files to my webspace

Unfortunately you are mistaken as i am not a go free customer I am a subscription paying customer

Which also brings me to another point. Arent Subscription customers supposed to be allocated 100 MB of web space. If so why do I only have 20

I hoped to leave it at that but after getting booted off once again i sent the following message

and before you ask why did i not call them . Its because I have a short fuse and would have f**ked them out of it after about five minutes of argueing with them

Original Message
    To: customer.services@eircom.net
    Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 12:56 AM
    Subject: Fw: Getting kicked off the net and unable to upload files to my webspace

Dear Sir/Madam

So you dont give customer care to go free customers thats fair enough except for one thing. Im not a go free customer I pay a subscription to eircom to use a 1891 number.

Surely you can type the username "my username" into a computer and send me a bill every month so you should be able to do the same thing to find out if i am a subscriber or not.

Secondly you did not address my problem yet why I'm constantly getting kicked offline.

secondly my webspace is 20 MB and not the 100 MB which as a subscriber i am entitled to.

I cant seem to get into my webspace.

Please see to it that these problems are solved for me. I tried to be nice about it only to receive the abrupt snotty email which you can read from yourselves below.

Failure to do this will result in my making a complaint to the ODTR.

Yours sincerely

my name

By god if they dont reply by tomorrow I shall not be the least bit happy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

I have to admit...

I've been disconnected more times than I can remember, on a nightly basis from eircom.net. Most times I can't even get the sodding connection up and running in the first place.

Arrrrrgh!!!!

/me waits for a decent broadband solution... and grows old in the process.

c0y0te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Ah,

So they were only 'trialing' shyte service in the Midlands. And now that they've perfected it, they're rolling it out across the whole country.

Welcome to the Information Age everybody. If you just wait it'll be along in a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Lmbho... I like that one but there is one small problem

dodgy dial up is not as addictive

Here comes the sequel "eircoms subscription service going to hell part II

Original Message
    To: My email address
    Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 9:46 AM
    Subject: RE: Getting kicked off the net and unable to upload files to my web space

Dear Customer
    My apologies for this.It does appear that you are a subscription customer.However you will have to direct your query to our Technical Support department, helpdesk@eircom.net or alternatively call them on 1890787337.
    Kind regards
    Customer Services
    Eircomnet

Ok they have figured out that Im a subscriper customer by entering my user name into their computer ... and they have my name and address and all that stuff ok... so why do they still call me "customer

Notice these mails from me are getting more abrupt ... guess you could say I'm getting angry now

Original Message
    To: helpdesk@eircom.net
    Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 11:44 PM
    Subject: Fw: Getting kicked off the net and unable to upload files to my web space

Dear Sir/Madam

Ok could you kindly read the following sequence of messages and solve my problems. Those nice people at customer services seem to have taken three days to tell me that I am contacting the wrong people.

I seek a prompt reply

My name

Find out what happens same bat time same bat channel same batty customer care people and so on

guess I will have to wait until monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

This is another example of the typical attitude of Eircom. PC Live announces that Eircom.net's subscription based service is the best for businesses in their annual survey of ISP's. Then Eircom turn around and start churning out radio ads declaring this to everyone who will listen in the hope that the people out there who are thinking of connecting to the net for the first time, or those who are getting new PC's for Christmas, will sign up with them and hand over £120 a year as well as per-minute call charges. Then, after winning "Best ISP for businesses" in the PC Live survey and probably getting some more customers through the radio ads, they start neglecting the service and it goes to hell. Typical Eircom. What a total bunch of gob$hites!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

PC Live really messed up giving that to Eircom...and then they advertise it on Page 2 (or something like that, the page you get the CD listings on) in the next issue...

Just a question...now that Eircom CD's are on PC Live again (wasn't it eircom for a while) and they've won best business ISP *cough* rigged *cough*, will IOFFL be getting as much coverage in PC Live? Doubt it somehow...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 disConnected

Well, as you can see it all just a matter of money.
    I wonder how much they got from Eircom for that report...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭MS

When i started on the Internet at first i didnt have a clue about connections or anything about the internet. When i got my first phone bill it was HUGE! so i asked for an itemised phone bill and it showed over 500+ calls to the internet that lasted between 3 and 15 seconds. I went through HELL and back to get Eircom to do something about it and 6,155 3 to 15 second calls later it suddenly was fixed. Christ this still cant be happening to other people ? I REFUSED to pay my phone bill unless this was sorted out and it eventually amounted to a tidy sum and me being disconnected. But eventually i paid those B's and i got a letter with the heading 'Without Prejudice and Confidential' and a refund of £151.31 This was back in 1997 and after a couple of years fighting. Surely to God this still cant be happening to people as i was given an assurance at that time that Eircom ceased to Multiplex lines ? or is it called DAX or somewhat nowdays ?

MS

Well it appears that Im getting the 80 megs of webspace that I am owed as a subscription customer

their trying to claim that MY settings are incorrect which is why I am getting booted.

I DONT THINK SO if that was the case I would be getting booted off of oceanfree and digifone on line as well.

besides when I signed up with eircom i spent nearly an hour on the phone setting up this computer to comply with their requirements .getting dial up set up and pop 3 accounts and all that rubbish.. those settings havent changed.

I called the number they gave me and after working through an automated thingy pres 1 for this and 2 for that and 3 for the other then enter you account number your date of birth and your RSI number please hold cos were busy"

so I just sent them my number and told them to call me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by fcddunne
    Well it appears that Im getting the 80 megs of webspace that I am owed as a subscription customer

so I just sent them my number and told them to call me

Unfortunately-they won't call you back as they are not allowed..esp if there are any queues for tech. support.

One suggestion - ask themfor the local number (non 1891) for subscription customers and see if you connect ok with that one-if you can there could be a problem with the local 1891 switching (it's happened before unfortunately the eircomnet noc can't deal with these problems so it will be passed on to Eircom Ireland to sort out). Also give them the local number you are dialling from..
    jd

well I got the mail telling me that they cant call me

you were right about that

as for trying the local number i have tried the local numbers from nearly all the free isps in the area

i can sit online happily for five hours with digifone online without getting kicked off and the same goes for oceanfree with oceanfree i dont even need a password

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by fcddunne
    as for trying the local number i have tried the local numbers from nearly all the free isps in the area

i can sit online happily for five hours with digifone online without getting kicked off and the same goes for oceanfree with oceanfree i dont even need a password
    Does the eircomnet free serice work ok
    http://iiu.taint.org/details/eircom-pop-list.html

As them for the direct number of the eircomnet sub pop
    jd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Medion

More email addresses being posted here Adam but dont know if there any differance cause there not personal contact addresses but still we couldn't have our members contacting Eircoms help desk when there looking to get help from Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by Medion
    More email addresses being posted here Adam but dont know if there any differance cause there not personal contact addresses but still we couldn't have our members contacting Eircoms help desk when there looking to get help from Eircom.
    I'm sorry, what is the problem with such addresses as helpdesk@eircom.net? Aren't you just being petty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Medion

Aren't you just being petty ? - SkepticOne

No. Not @ all friend :)

I haven't got a problem with any addresses here really. I first though that "It's worng to posted contact address on the board." but now I've changed my mind since these addresses are public addresses and not some kind of "email ex directory addreeses" or what ever they are called.

I tried using the report this thread to a moderater link but I get half of a page in my browser and a message saying something like "Error in report.php on line 20" ?

I see the forum mods are very strict here so I just though I'd help out and report the threads to Adam as I found them browsing the forum earlier but I learned alot more browsing the forum too.

I figure I'm not goning to mention anything more incase I get booted too. I want to read some more threads before getting back to you on this later.

Medion

Advertisement