Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Gig Of Yer Life?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 TONY MONTANA

it would be to hard to pick just one but the contenders
    would be nirvana in the point with support from teenage
    fan club and the breeders.....f**k knows what year it was
    but i remember i was f**ked out before nirvana finished
    due to stage diving.....some bouncers have no sence of
    fun,,,,,,,,another would be leftfield agin at the point with
    support from the chemical brothers,,,,,f**kin stormer of a
    gig...didnt get f**ked out of that one,just got f**ked
    PROPER F**KED:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

GNR Slane 16th May 1992 a day that will be forever etched in my brain...it was one of the most amazing days of my life and is the singular most important musical influence on my life to date...

Biohazard '94 ?? in the SFX was pretty cool too, pity it was such a short set hahahaaa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭p-t saviour

the start of the use your illusion tour at slane... i was 9... and not there... fucck... :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I think it has to be Whipping Boy in the TBMC, late December 1997. it was amazing. Yeah, definately the best gig I ever went to..
    Anyone else remember it? I think it was the day before newyears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Deaglan

How the **** have Primal Scream and Spiritualized not been mentioned?

Too many good gigs by each to be mentioned but the first is always the one you remember most.

At the Drive- In: After ten years of being obsessed with the roots ofpunk music and its preaching, and watching too many bad imitators, I thought 'so THIS is what is was like'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mr.Brownstone

Ron Wood, and Slash December 8th 2001 best gig ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 VampVixen

Id have to say Green Day RFK stadium Summer of 1996 when we did our first support slot with our management(we got onto a contract that entitles us to support anyone famous that we covered when they came t town.....hehe you can imagine how many bads we started LEARNING)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭manofspeed

Two classics must be:
    At The Drive-In at the music centre - the best live band I have ever seen, ever.
    Afghan Whigs two years ago at the Mean Fiddler - ****ing amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Radiohead again but this time in Glastonbury. The most spiritual mindblowing gig ever. Half was actually to do with the fantastic atmosphere in glastonbury :)
    They did their thing (which was amazing), it was getting dark and when you look behind you all you could see was a field of flaming tourches. A few flares went off during it illuminating the crowd. And elsware in the festival they decided to have a fireworks display that went off over the stage at the perfict moment in a song... everything just seemed to cometogether for this gig. its one i will never forget.

And for sheer fun i will always remember the numerous LSD gigs in galway. they had a punk dance to abba, sing to the sex pistols, a great version of creep, muppets, flash gordon, and they had glen hansard hold the lead singers nose while he sung the hi pitched distorted bit to 'video killed the radio star'. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 keefer

"Who's Eddie" at the Red Cow Inn, a few years back, jaysus it was some gig, 4 of us (just the lads like) got really drunk outside on cans of linden village. Managed to catch the drummers hanky when he threw it into the crowd and talked to the guitarist in the jacks, but he got a bit pissed off with me peering over the cubicle door, it took 4 bouncers to get me out of the place after I got up on stage and tried to shift the lead singer...some laugh boy!!
    Rock n Roll!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Being in the mosh pit at the 1st Slane this year. Was susposed to be in the outer ring but wandered into the inner ring anyway. Great concert and I had sex afterwards! Which was nice.

Runner up is Elastica at the Tivoli years ago. Small crowd, high atmosphere and much pogoing and crowd surfing.

Worst gig was probably when Dire Straits last played here. Great music, no atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

best gig was the last nick cave one in the olympia.
    worst...the lost weekend in london was best for the craic but worst for the bands.
    placebo were poop too.
    tool is a contender for best gig too.
    ok i just cant decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nevermore

One Time Angels, Influents, The Thumbs and Green Day at Gilman on September 16th of this year.
    I went with my cousin's thinking I was just going to get to see 3 bands that I love, but ended up seeing my favourite band play the club for the first time in 8 years. Got to chat with each of them for a long time as well, which was nice. They're lovely lads.

Advertisement