Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adsl and good news

• 13-07-2000 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

'bout time

I don't think I can wait that long tho. I'll prolly be joinging the throng of potential customers jumping onto the ISDN bandwagon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Eh , ADSL , are you sure it wasnt cable or something ? And I personally cant see it rolling out before September , although I'd very much love to see it before then.
    And ISDN isnt so great, you cant wait a month ?

It's about a society in freefall....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Yah, NTL will be doing Cable and Wireless Microwave Dish Systems so I wouldn't hold much faith in what your friend says smile.gif

Blade

[This message has been edited by Blade (edited 13-07-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Hoojah Nickabolokov

lines will be laid/updated in city center 1st but by the time they sort boxes near my suburban ass(Dublin 18), Santa will be back in the Pole.
    frown.gif

[This message has been edited by Hoojah Nickabolokov (edited 13-07-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Santa fu<ks polish people, well I never!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Well if she's a real looker, I don't mind if she's Polish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i was talking to a friend (who works in ntl) and he said that they got a memo re the roll out of adsl. all he would say is that it will be before the start of september, a good while before smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭OctaviaN

Yeah me dyin to get some decent con speeds
    Eircom were workin on a form of DSL called 3DSL but never released results. My knowledge of DSL is ltd but as far as im aware any1 can get it, cos its just a different way of dialing is this right? What sort of costs could be expected for DSL and can I get it in the west.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

all you need to know bout dsl: http://csd.dot-ie.com/~kali/DSL/ .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Here is the reply I got from Eircom refering to it:

Thank you for your enquiry,

In response to your query, eircom is currently trialling ADSL in a number of exchanges in Dublin. Interactive services are being developed for launch in the near future, following the successful conclusion of these trials.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Kind regards

Colum Reade

eircomnet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

takes for ever for them to do anything in this country!

If I do wait 'till September there's prolly going to be delays. And even though the cable goes right past my house (more or less) they'll prolly take ages to send a van out to my little backwater.

That and ESAT have just put their price up another 4 squids. Increasingly poor service at an increasingly high price. It's not going to cost that much extra to connect to ISDN now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement