Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LotR is the hype getting to you yet ?

• 14-12-2001 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Well I stayed up late last night and watched Film 2001 with Johnaton Ross. Evethough he gushing and kissing ass like a mad ba$tard (nothing but "you were great, blah blah blah) the clips they showed of the film looked terrific.

I am now really looking forward to seeing this at the Premier next week with Dev & Co. I actually think I'm excited by this, haven't felt this way about a film in years !!!

Now if I could only FF to Tuesday evening :)

Gandalf.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Hey Gandalf. You off to the premiere?? I'm thinking of going (assuming DeV has tickets left) but I dunno .. a rather large wad of cash all the same :|

Any ideas of when the cinema's are taking bookings for the "normal punter" showings on Friday next???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Lo Lemming lad did you enjoy Akira ???

They are taking bookings for the 19th Wednesday. I believe the Ormonde in Stillorgan has already started to take prebookings.

Then again there is no point seeing this film on a ****ty little screen. You need the Savoy or a screen of similar size to enjoy a blockbuster like this properly !!!

Gandalf.

Originally posted by gandalf
    Lo Lemming lad did you enjoy Akira ???

Haven't had a chance to sort my DVD player yet. It's set to R.2 DVD . I've been up to my neck with sh*t lately. I'll sort her over Xmas :) It's a pain in the ass cause I REALLY wanna see it.

They are taking bookings for the 19th Wednesday. I believe the Ormonde in Stillorgan has already started to take prebookings.

Then again there is no point seeing this film on a ****ty little screen. You need the Savoy or a screen of similar size to enjoy a blockbuster like this properly !!!

Gandalf.

My sentiments exactly. I was intending to see it in the Savoy Screen 1. THE only place to see it :D

Has the savoy started yet do you know?? (the bookings)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by Lemming

My sentiments exactly. I was intending to see it in the Savoy Screen 1. THE only place to see it :D

Has the savoy started yet do you know?? (the bookings)
    Yes - since last week.
    Apparently the 7:30 show on Wednesday is sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I'm trying not to get over excited about the film for fear of a let down...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

No chance of me going to see this anywhere but ster century.....best cinema going.

I got tickets for a matinee on Thursday..

pretty sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I'm going to see it in Ster Century Lucan probly after boxing day.
    Exams next week :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Shred

I too was watching the thingy with mr. woss, i had to turn it off though for fear of 'spoiling' the movie. Does look pretty amazing and i can't wait to see it. Unfortunately I'm starting me ADSl trial next Wednesday, so i won't be going outside the door:D

As for cinemas, i'd have to say Ster Century is the absolute cheese, but every time i head out there, the show i'm going to see is sold out (oh if only i had a credit card:( ). The Savoy is still pretty cool and a lot nearer to me (Grangegorman)...

Anyways, roll on this time next week when i'll hopefully be able to drag my ass out of doors to see it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

Think it's fairly impossible not to be hyped about LOTR, saw the trailer at... er..... Harry Potter & was blown away!! Have never been so impressed by a trailer..... in fact I would recommend Potter only for the trailer!! Night shift nex week so I'll catch a matinee before work on thursday... hopefully :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I got my tickets for this coming wednesday... cinema isint great, but this is donegal ffs.

hardly to hyped anyway.... i mean, this is LOTR for gods sakes...... LORD of the feckin' RINGS!!! MY GOD!! IN THE CINEMA!!!! THREE HOURS!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! :D:):D

.........hey, check it out.... 100 posts :cool: ...goin' places...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

You don't have to pay £125 to go to the premiere. It's £35 if you don't care about the dinner thing(go to the Irish arthritis scociety website for the number to call). I'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Originally posted by WhiteLancer
    I'm going to see it in Ster Century Lucan probly after boxing day.
    Exams next week :/

I also in the middle of chrismas exams, but theres no way in hell i'm waiting any longer then nessacary for this.
    Your gotta have prioritys :)

Must take about 50 smokes the hour b4 i go in, so i can last all the way through without having to go out for one. 3 hours like:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

It is indeed a tragedy that I have to wait a full 24 hours to pay £100 less than the premier boys. i.e. front row centre Savoy 1 7.15 Wednesday - Yoohoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Originally posted by DrunkLeprachaun
    You don't have to pay £125 to go to the premiere. It's £35 if you don't care about the dinner thing(go to the Irish arthritis scociety website for the number to call). I'll be there.

Says nothing about £35 on the website, and are they going to think I'm just a big chancer calling up and saying I only want to go to the film... :)

Tickets booked for the Savoy on Friday 7.15pm showing

mmmmmmmm ... this is gonna be gooooooood :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Should I read the book before or after the film?

Wednesday night in the best cinema in the country....(SAVOY SCREEN 1 of COURSE!!!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Zaphod Beeblebrox

The film IMO; if you try reading the book by the time yer finished your legs will have stopped working so u'll never see the film :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

No read the book after the film.

I last read LotR 5 years ago. I was going to read it a month ago but decided against it as I would probably be sitting in the cinema comparing the film against the book and not just enjoying the film.

BTW part of the attraction of this Premier is the bash afterwards :)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

can you book tickets at the counter(paying cash) in UGC cinema, today?

im thinking of goin to the 10.25am showing on wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

heh, this thread seems to have gone a bit off topic.... from "is the hype getting to you?", to "Where are you seeing it??!... my cinema's bigger than yours... oh yea, well i'm seeing it first so :P ; ...bastid... etc... "

.........which kinda shows that the hype isint 'getting to' too many people :D

as stated b4... wednesday, 2:20, pretty average cinema... cant bleedin wait :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

One day to go.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Joking (just in case this thread gets burnt down) :p

TBH I am moving house, studying for exams (trying to), and juggling kittens and fire, all at the same time. So would you believe I don't have a ticket yet. The only way I am going to get to see it, sometime in the near future, is if one of my mates has got a ticket for me (Chances: SLIM).

I hope to see it before I return to college on the 7th, so by that stage I want to see some reviews ppl (Eamo, I am looking at you, for the ultimate version).

So in summary, I'm looking for sympathy :(, LOL

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Shred

You'll get no sympathy from me anyway, i don't know when i'll get to see it:mad:

I've a few "things" on over the next few days and i'm hoping to get to see it over this coming weekend:( But i ain't too hopeful......:(

All i know is....

YES: THE HYPE IS GETTING TO ME:mad:

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Originally posted by phobos
    Joking (just in case this thread gets burnt down) :p

TBH I am moving house, studying for exams (trying to), and juggling kittens and fire, all at the same time. So would you believe I don't have a ticket yet. The only way I am going to get to see it, sometime in the near future, is if one of my mates has got a ticket for me (Chances: SLIM).

I hope to see it before I return to college on the 7th, so by that stage I want to see some reviews ppl (Eamo, I am looking at you, for the ultimate version).

So in summary, I'm looking for sympathy :(, LOL

;-phobos-)

Me and that drunken reprobate Black_Wizardd (If that is his real name) are off to see it a 9.30 in the 'bar. Full report soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Originally posted by plastic membrane

that drunken reprobate Black_Wizardd (If that is his real name)

I dunno I've looked at his papers and everything checks out. It seems that he is telling the truth afterall. But keep an eye on him nevertheless, the force is strong in that one ;)

;-phobos-)

Advertisement