Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More advice please??? MB's & HDD's

• 15-07-2000 8:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

Well I was yesterday offered an ASUS p3v4x MB and a western digital 20 GB 7200 IDE HDD for about $310. Is that good or what?

If i can get it cheaper wheres that then??
    Well thats all I have to ask.

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

The asus p3v4x is a good board, but it still has that crappy via chipset. I can get a maxtor 20gb 7200rpm drive, and a soyo 6ba IV bx chipset motherboard, for about £270 Irish pounds. This motherboard is far better, in terms of stability, ease of setup and performance. It has 8 ide ports, and 4 dimm slots. Just my 0.02 euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Originally posted by Gerry:
    The asus p3v4x is a good board, but it still has that crappy via chipset. I can get a maxtor 20gb 7200rpm drive, and a soyo 6ba IV bx chipset motherboard, for about £270 Irish pounds. This motherboard is far better, in terms of stability, ease of setup and performance. It has 8 ide ports, and 4 dimm slots. Just my 0.02 euros.
    What's wrong with the via chipset? via apollo 133a rocks wink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

yeah i have an abit ka7 (based on via apollo) and its solid as a rock.

Advertisement