Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DivX on CD-RW

• 14-12-2001 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Is it possible then that when i am finished ripping my dvd to Div X and its 700megs r so.. can I stick that on my CD-R as storage porposes only even.. or can i even run the movie from the CD with out copying it to whatever PC I want to run it on?

Thx.

-adren-

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

yeah, you can run em fom the CD.
    better to copy em to the hard drive, but its not neccessary.

Also, use a bit rate calculater to fit it on a CD
    A CDR should take 700-701 megs.

If you get it going mail me
    syxpak at oceanfree dot net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

thats the whole beauty of divx the fact than u can archive it all on cd's

ive got loads of themn on cd and they play fine - and most cases u can overburn a 700 meg cd by about 5-10 megs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yeah, but ppl might want to take note that not all CDRs are of sufficient quality to do that, some don't even make it to the full 80mins (74mins? when was that?).

There are a multitude of progs available to test CDRs and find out who made them (handy for unbranded ALDI ones).

I've used Vivacom (or something - white surface - 80mins) and Memorex branded sofar, no probs.
    Used a few no-name ones. One of the feckers destroyed my slot loading DVD drive :(

While they're cheaper I'd seriously reccomend you get some decent branded ones.

Advertisement