Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where have the caps gone?

Options
  • 14-12-2001 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭

http://home.eircom.net/broadband/solutions.html

Ugh, am I missing something? The caps...? I can't, ugh, find them... :p can you?

(And if you can't...for goodness sake don't tell eircon they're missing ;) )

~Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Hmm - caps still there on the http://www.adsl.ie link for home users though...

Mutter...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Hopefully it will be very difficult for Eircom to monitor our downloads ;):D:)

Besides most people wont pass 100 megs a day (3000megs a month)

well...

thats what I read in a magasine...apparently "only 25% of people with broadband at home in the UK pass 100megs a day"

(I would be one of the 25% but hEY shoot me!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

it actually is extremely hard for them to do that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The most up to date Eircom prices are available here (read the disclaimer here first). Click on Pending Changes [PDF] for the proposed "i-Stream" pricing (on page 37). Note that the prices are exclusive of VAT. Also note that Eircom have amended the prices down again since the last time I reviewed the document.

adam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Oops, I take that back, the most recent i-Stream amendments are on page 69, putting i-Stream Solo at £103.96 per month (inc VAT) with a 3GB cap.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

remember, waaaay back when ISDN came available I got it installed and it cost 350 for the line to be put in. That dropped about a year later to 99 quid.

Early adopters are always punished to reclaim the expenditure at first. After all they are the ones who are "dying" for it and so will pay more.

Its ugly but unpleasant. ADSL will drop in price or improve the offering over time. A *long* time... but I think it will...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

i agree, it will cost you 395 euros, (i dont know if thats without tax) to get it all up and running, lucky enough trialers wont pay that

Advertisement