Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dead psu?

• 17-07-2000 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

I recently put together a new pc and had to cannabalise my old gateway for parts. I took the graphics card in and out a few times and now it refuses to even switch on, i checked that the atx connector was still plugged in, which it was.

I'm thinking mabye the psu decided to give up the ghost (it was working fine 10mins beforehand mind u).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

i had a similar problem in that putting in new hardware killed the machine .. same symptoms ..
    so i brought it back to the place where i bought the parts reckoning i needed a new psu ..
    the guy reseated every card in the pci/isa bus & the machine came to life .. a real cse of "DOH!" for me but you might give the same a try ..

its a shot in the dark tho ..

c22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yep, you can blame it on the video board most times, but reseat the lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭OctaviaN

Have u tried a different power lead wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

You got an amd approved 300w psu for your machine? (I am assuming you have an athlon machine cause you said you have an abit ka7 mobo in another thread) You will have power problems if you use a bog standard atx psu on an athlon machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

are your jumpers set in right ?
    thats usualy the prob with my computers ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

nah chubbs, its my old pc that had the problem smile.gif

Anyway, I disconnected the floppy drive and lo and behold, it switched on :/

I dunno smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Hecate (edited 18-07-2000).]

Advertisement