Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price v. quality

Options
  • 15-12-2001 2:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

BTW I agree entirely that if we all pay the same amount to Eircom for the telephone and the internet are we all not entitled to the same sorth of service that people in Dublin have.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

Originally posted by murcielago
    BTW I agree entirely that if we all pay the same amount to Eircom for the telephone and the internet are we all not entitled to the same sorth of service that people in Dublin have.

I am from Dublin and I was reading about ppl from other parts of the country complaining about the services being beter here than in their local area? Were you talking about the fact that certain Dublin exchanges have DSL? or is it that your phonelines are slower for internet access than in Dublin? If your worried about lack of broadband services then look no further than Limerick, where Chorus have wireless broadband ready nearly, or the Suir-Nore cable company in the south - east. What about waterford cable? They still around?

Just curious

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 disConnected

Matt,

As I lived just south of Dublin for a while I do have the perception that the phone-lines out in the country are not as good as in the City...
    Just my subjective feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭pertinax

I think suir nore were bought by chorus and not broadband in sight

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by pertinax
    I think suir nore were bought by chorus and not broadband in sight

Think so, at least Chorus are now the TV people for Clonmel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by disConnected
    Matt,

As I lived just south of Dublin for a while I do have the perception that the phone-lines out in the country are not as good as in the City...
    Just my subjective feeling.
    Of course, nowhere is immune to crappy phone lines. I've had one and I live in South Dublin and someone recently posted from Stillorgan (Co. Dublin) with a carrier line splitter. The main advantage to living in urban areas is the availability of alternatives such as ISDN. Many rural areas don't have this option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

your all making great arguements for caps on adsl btw

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I am from Dublin and I was reading about ppl from other parts of the country complaining about the services being beter here than in their local area? Were you talking about the fact that certain Dublin exchanges have DSL? or is it that your phonelines are slower for internet access than in Dublin? If your worried about lack of broadband services then look no further than Limerick, where Chorus have wireless broadband ready nearly, or the Suir-Nore cable company in the south - east. What about waterford cable? They still around?

can only comment on Limerick here

Chorus is offering broadband internet already but heir being selective as to who they want to give it to.

As for the quality of the telephone lines thenit appears that the lines out here are not of the same standard as those of Dublin.

My house is directly opposite the river shannon from the eircom telecentre and still my connection is crap.

I can also see the mast at their telephone exchange from where I live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by fcddunne
    Chorus is offering broadband internet already but heir being selective as to who they want to give it to.
    It was certainly bizarre the way they turned down business on the basis of not being able to have two accounts within one address. Any update on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭MS

In this day and age EVERYONE no matter where the live should have the same connection speeds or what ever as everyone else. Everyone is entitled to the same quality of life as anyone else and to ask people to sheel out big time for anything less is downright criminal! Totally no offence to anyone in Dublin but ye should try comeing down the Country and see what its like for the people outside of Dublin before ye make a comment. I gaurentte that if ye had to move to the Country ye would all soon begin to understand why people are soooo angry. AND! ye would be the first to complain. DONT! reply without first trying it! Then make a comment!

MS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

I'm in the middle of polishing my high powered sniper rifle....just waiting for a eircom rep.....

But seriously why don't you just complain to eircom....they are breaching the sales of goods act 1980 if they are not providing the service they have promised in good faith (trust me they'll **** their pants when you say this)
    what sort of bps rate do you get on your line?

• Advertisement
Advertisement